It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Colon Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-20-2012, 09:47 AM   #1
(female)

choobelieve HB User
Cool Fatigue...

This is my first post...I started folfox in November. Have 2 more treatments left so I should be excited. It is definitely getting harder. It never has been easy but I have always had a great attitude and have expected the routine to get through it. I am the type of person that everything will be ok..But I am soooooooo tired. I was walking up until a month ago. Cant seem to get my but to the gym. I just want to sleep. I had treatment last Monday. I had a reaction on treatment 4 so I get alot of premeds. Everyone know this is my tired day and we laugh at the fatigue..I am good with the pump tuesday and wednesday. I disconnect wednesday and by thursday evening my body does not want to move with my brain...this continues friday, saturday, sunday, and monday..Tuesday a fog begins to lift but I am still tired...I have given in to the napping. But dont know if I should fight through it. And I am worried about the last 2 treatments kicking my but more. My husband understands and know it will be tough. I cant ask my kids for more help.. They are in every sport they have been amazing...but I want them to be kids and I want them not to be effected by this..as I know they have. We are all pretty much tired of the this thing... I look good on the outside..thats what everyone says...but I feel miserable on the inside.. Any strategies anyone has would be helpful... Thank you for alllowing be one of the lurkers over the past several months...You are all brave and I have laughed smiled and felt comforted by all of you...Have a great day!

The following user gives a hug of support to choobelieve:
JoAnn15 (03-26-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-21-2012, 02:31 AM   #2
(female)

joyce8844 HB User
Smile Re: Fatigue...

My Friend
Please do not be too hard on yourself
You are going through a lot and Thank God have wonderful family support
Fatigue is 'par for the course!'
The body has been assaulted and needs time to rest and recruperate.That is why fatigue slows you down and take naps.
Don't feel guilty either.No one expects Super Woman!
The better the rest the nearer therecovery.
Prayers going out for you and the family
God Bless:

The following user gives a hug of support to joyce8844:
choobelieve (03-23-2012)
The Following User Says Thank You to joyce8844 For This Useful Post:
choobelieve (03-23-2012)
Old 03-23-2012, 08:49 AM   #3
(female)

choobelieve HB User
Re: Fatigue...

Thank you so much for the pick me up...just when the day gets so blue the sun does eventually come out!!! The fatigue has lifted a bit so it gets me the strength to finish!!! Thank you again...
PS...Super Woman will return one day!~

Closed Thread