It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Colon Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-09-2012, 09:11 PM   #1
(male)

Jgladding HB User
What were your first symptoms?

I am a 37 yo male, my diet is high on starch and though I try, fruits and veggies are not as high as I think is normal.

Anyway, lately my stomach has been distended for a while and I have lower back pain when I need to poo. Also, lately I have needed to poo very quickly after I eat, which is not normal. My stomach has been upset more than usual lately

I am going to get checked out just in case, but good ol Web MD always seems to point to CC.

For those of you who have it, did you experience similar symptoms?

Old 05-27-2012, 12:17 PM   #2
(female)

Vero1 HB User
Re: What were your first symptoms?

This is nowhere close to what I remember. I originally had hemrrhoids and it was very difficult to go the the bathroom. I delt with doctor's giving me supositories and eating lots of fiber etc. I did have a streak of blood on my stool, but consistantly. I thought it was the hemrrhoids bleeding. Later had a colonoscopy which was indicating a tumor the size of an orange. This was a blockage of course, hence radiation treatment was then recommended to shrink it before surgery would be considered. And a biopsy to determine if cancer was present, then chemo , blah blah tests like CAT scan, blood work etc. They keep you hopping for this and that, which is good but not when you don't feel good and don't feel like getting to far from the comfort of home ....errrr the bathroom. I wish you the best and keep your chin up, you just might have got to your issue in the nik of time.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-09-2012, 10:32 PM   #3
(male)

bbucsis HB User
Re: What were your first symptoms?

With your symptoms there are a very many things that this could be. Yes cancer does share some of these symptoms, but there are many others that the doctor can check for that can quickly rule it out. In the end the best way to know is to get a colonoscopy, which will check inside your colon for whatever is causing your discomfort. The symptoms you are expressing suggest to me that you are likely suffering from either IBS or some kind of blockage. Blockages can be mechanical (i.e. something is stuck in there, like a bit of bone left in food, impacted stool, or anything else that has passed through your digestive tract and become stuck), or physiological. Physiological blockages could be a narrowing of the colon due to ulcurs, inflamation, polyps, or tumors. Again the only way to check for sure is to get checked by your doctor, but it doesn't sound like cancer to me. Here's hoping! Hope this helps.

Closed Thread