It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Colon Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-10-2012, 07:58 PM   #1
(male)

imsoscaredagain HB User
hemroids or colon cancer

For the past two years I've been having very mild rectal bleeding, it usually occurs once every 4-5 months and lasts maybe 1-4 days max. I've gone to the doctor multiple times and he found an irritation/bump near the exterior canal of my anus and dismissed any suspicions of internal bleeding.

What I saw in the toilet was a little bit of blood covering a small and hard looking marble stool. The toilet paper had a small smear of bright red blood too. Thing is, I always thought hemroids/fissures should hurt a lot, but I'm having mild itching and pain only.

I don't know if I should ask for a colonoscopy.

BTW if this helps I'm 21 years old with no family history of any cancers

Last edited by imsoscaredagain; 06-10-2012 at 08:02 PM.

Old 06-15-2012, 12:07 PM   #2
(female)

lilacstar HB User
Re: hemroids or colon cancer

I would never wait to go to your doctor and check this out. If he doesn't take you serious find a new doctor. Bleeding from your bowels should always be checked. It could be something simple like hemorrhage or cancer. My husband spotted only occasionally but was diagnosed with colon cancer. He refused to see a doctor because he had hemorrhage and he just thought they were bleeding.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-03-2012, 03:11 PM   #3
(male)

gib HB User

I would guess you've probably got a polyp, most likely a rectal polyp, but you are too young??? I had my 50th birthday colonoscopy present from my doctor recently and they found a rectal polyp. I had the same symptoms as you, itching and occasional bleeding for the last 5 years or so. Occasional bleeding is a common polyp symptom. The itching baffled me as it would get fairly intense at times.

But at 21? Polyps are slow growers and if you have one, it means it's probably been growing since you were pretty young! I'm no doctor and along with your age they may continue to dismiss it, but I'd want a doctor to have a look up there. Ask again, I get ****** off when doctors dismiss what I try to tell them.

Old 07-04-2012, 10:19 AM   #4
(female)

tula12 HB Usertula12 HB User

Did ther doctor tell you that the irritation and bump was causing the bleeding?

Old 07-09-2012, 10:20 PM   #5
(male)

bbucsis HB User

Hey there,

It's very likely to be hemorrhoids. Itching/Burning during attacks is a classic sign of hemorrhoids, as they also secrete pus which irritates the mucus membranes. The only way to check and be sure is to have a rectal exam by your doctor. Should the doctor not find hemorrhoids they will then likely schedule you for a colonoscopy to check for the source of the bleeding.

Hope this helps.

Closed Thread