It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Colon Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-05-2012, 06:48 PM   #1
(female)

ashlee095 HB User
Unhappy need advice?

Hello, I have posted before about my problem but it seems to flare up more often now. I just turned 20 years old and for over a year now every now and then when I use the restroom, I have a small amount of pink or bright red blood on the toilet paper after a bowel movement. Sometimes when it happens it Burns for a couple hours afterwards and at other times it doesn't. Its an occasional thing...it happened this morning (I drank last night and experienced a painful stomch ache that has lasted into today as well even though I only had 2 drinks) but it was a very faint amount. I do not know what causes my flare up of symptoms but here they are: nausea, stomach pain, occasional blood when i wipe but never in the toilet or on stool, cramps in the lower left and right side, and middle back pain. I can't afford to go to a doctor because I currently have no job and no health insurance. Could someone tell me what the possible causes could be or what I could do to help? I am so scared this is colon cancer at age 20. Worrying myself sick!

Old 07-09-2012, 10:12 PM   #2
(male)

bbucsis HB User
Re: need advice?

Hi Antbaby92, here's a bit of info for you.

First of all the most important thing you can do when you have any type of rectal bleeding, even a small amount, is go to a doctor. I know you say you have no money, and I know how that can be, but its better to be save about your health and owe your friends or family a bit of money than killing yourself with stress.

The next thing I can tell you is that it is likely you have Irritable Bowel Syndrome or hemorrhoids. The reason I suspect this is because of the symptoms coming and going, the burning or itching you have sometimes (classic symptom of hemorrhoids), and your age. Colon cancer in a person as young as you is extremely rare (only 0.9% of all cases last I checked). However never take your age to mean that you shouldn't get checked out for something. If you are EVER suspicious about the symptoms you are experiencing in your body make sure you see a doctor. As the old saying goes: It's better to be safe than sorry.

The stomach pain and cramps you experience could easily be associated with IBS, and the fact that it has seemed to flair up after drinking alcohol (IBS is very susceptible to alcohol).

So bottom line is, try not to worry about it, but get checked by a doctor just to make sure where that bleeding is coming from. Hemorrhoids are extremely easy to treat, and IBS simply takes a prescription from your doctor to manage. Better than being sick every day with worry right? Hope this helps.

Brad.

P.S. Stop drinking, you're only 20! ;P

Quote:
Originally Posted by antbaby92 View Post
Hello, I have posted before about my problem but it seems to flare up more often now. I just turned 20 years old and for over a year now every now and then when I use the restroom, I have a small amount of pink or bright red blood on the toilet paper after a bowel movement. Sometimes when it happens it Burns for a couple hours afterwards and at other times it doesn't. Its an occasional thing...it happened this morning (I drank last night and experienced a painful stomch ache that has lasted into today as well even though I only had 2 drinks) but it was a very faint amount. I do not know what causes my flare up of symptoms but here they are: nausea, stomach pain, occasional blood when i wipe but never in the toilet or on stool, cramps in the lower left and right side, and middle back pain. I can't afford to go to a doctor because I currently have no job and no health insurance. Could someone tell me what the possible causes could be or what I could do to help? I am so scared this is colon cancer at age 20. Worrying myself sick!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-13-2012, 10:18 AM   #3
(female)

ashlee095 HB User

Thanks for your reply. I am in debt with medical bills...and the Gastroenterologist won't do a payment plan if I need a colonoscopy etc. I have went to urgent care quite a few times ans the doctor has examined back there and felt around inside and said he couldn't feel a hemmorhoid (sp) and couldn't see a fissure but that it was possible there was one he couldn't feel or a fissure that keeps healing and then reopening when I use the restroom and that I should eat more fiber because the X-ray showed a moderate amount of stool laying in my intestines which meant that I was constipated, which had me thinking oh great...there's a tumor blocking my stuff. I have severe health anxiety, mainly having yo do with having cancer and such. Whenever there is bleeding, which is not very often only every now and then, it is a VERY minimal amount. Like a Tiny smudge or little tiny specs like when you have a cut and you dab it with toilet paper, which I have actually done to myself and it seemed as if there was actually a cut! But I couldn't see one. My stool also varies, sometimes its normal and other times its hard and comes out in pieces? The lower abdominal pain is accompanied with that, handbills am nauseous almost daily. I thought about doing a colon cleanse or taking colon probiotics to are if that would regulate me and maybe it would help with my problems. Do you know anything about that?

Old 07-13-2012, 10:20 AM   #4
(female)

ashlee095 HB User

And I am nauseous almost daily* sorry I am typing this from my phone and it keeps auto correcting stuff!

Old 07-19-2012, 12:43 PM   #5
(female)

Tessietimestwo HB User

I also have some of your symptoms. It is quite common to have minor bleeding with a difficult bowel movement. I have had it from time to time since I was a teenager until now in my 50's. It is usually accompanied with itching or irritation. Sometimes when going to the bathroom it feels like sharp razors inside. Alcohol can cause cramping if you have IBS, by the way.

In the last year my problems escalated to a monthly, then weekly, then daily problem with increasing pain. I had the colonoscopy in March and was told I don't have hemorrhoids or fissures or colon cancer but I do have IBM and annusitis. It is controlled by diet, regulating fibre intake and, for me, naturopathic care including probiotics, nutrasea to reduce inflammation and a bunch of homeopathic meds.

Try not to worry too much. Since having my problems, I have talked to tons of people and many of them have had the painful BMs and slight bleeding.

Old 07-19-2012, 01:03 PM   #6
(female)

Tessietimestwo HB User

I also have some of your symptoms. It is quite common to have minor bleeding with a difficult bowel movement. I have had it from time to time since I was a teenager until now in my 50's. It is usually accompanied with itching or irritation. Sometimes when going to the bathroom it feels like sharp razors inside. Alcohol can cause cramping if you have IBS, by the way.

In the last year my problems escalated to a monthly, then weekly, then daily problem with increasing pain. I had the colonoscopy in March and was told I don't have hemorrhoids or fissures or colon cancer but I do have IBM and annusitis. It is controlled by diet, regulating fibre intake and, for me, naturopathic care including probiotics, nutrasea to reduce inflammation and a bunch of homeopathic meds.

Try not to worry too much. Since having my problems, I have talked to tons of people and many of them have had the painful BMs and slight bleeding.

Closed Thread

Tags
blood in stool, nausea, worried