It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Colon Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-29-2012, 11:19 PM   #1
(female)

always worry HB User
Do hemorrhoids get aggravated with loose stools or is it Cancer

Hi,
This is about my husband and it has me worried sick! He is 32 and for the last couple of days, has had some bright red spots of blood on the toilet bowl while passing stool. We went to the doc, he did an examination and said, my husband has internal hemorrhoids. Gave some medication and suppository.
Blood stopped appearing soon after he started taking the medication. But after the course was over (only 5 day course), there was blood once again in the stool. He has been having loose stools often, even since he had diarrhea as a result of antibiotics for his throat infection, about 2 or 3 weeks back.

This time the doctor scheduled a colonoscopy "just to be sure". But I am sick worried. Isn't it enough to know that he has hemorrhoids that could be bleeding? Do they get aggravated because he has loose stools and has to go to the loo 2-3 times a day.

I know it is better to rule off cancer doing a colonoscopy but I am so so worried, in the meantime.

Has anyone had hemorrhoids and cancer at the same time?

Would really really appreciate anyone sharing their experiences.
Thanks.
P.S. He has no history of colon cancer in his family.

Old 07-30-2012, 02:38 PM   #2
(male)

gib HB User
Re: Do hemorrhoids get aggravated with loose stools or is it Cancer

Quote:
Originally Posted by always worry View Post
Isn't it enough to know that he has hemorrhoids that could be bleeding?
If you replace the words 'could be' with 'is' that would be one thing. It sounds like you'd be happier not knowing then finding our whats going on.

Colonoscopy's are not a big deal. Although he's generally too young for them, it could be a polyp causing the bleeding too. If you ignored a polyp at this point, by the time he's old enough to need a colonoscopy at around 50, that polyp could indeed turn cancerous.

If the doctor can't rule out the bleeding due to the hemroids, then the colonscopy does sound like the next step.

I just had my first colonoscopy a few months ago after turning 50. I had some bleeding off and on for over 5 years and it turned out I had a benign polyp. Get it checked out and get it off your mind. Again, a colonoscopy is not a big deal.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread