It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Colon Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-30-2012, 07:44 PM   #1
(male)

dolby HB User
High Alkaline Phosphatase (ALP) Indicates Possible Colorectal Cancer (CRC)?

My aunt's alkaline phosphatase (ALP) is around 300 the last two times tested. Her ALT and AST are also bit elevated (~50) but her GTT is normal. She has chronic HBV and is being treated by a hepatologist and her virus levels are considered undetectable.

After seeing ALP elevation twice in a row, the hepatologist wrote a note to our PCP to follow up for high ALP. She thought it was possible that it could be due to non-liver sources, specifically, possible colorectal cancer (with liver metastasis) or bone related disorder (Paget's, e.g.). Did anyone who contract CRC notice very high ALPs around 300? Her ALP was always a bit high (150-200) but not as high as now. We're seeing the PCP this Fri but want to line up possible Gastroenterologist since it takes quite a while to find one in our area. She thinks it's probably not bone-related (bone cancer) since ethnically she's Asian (rare to have high AP for such causes for Asians, supposedly).

Just how high is too high for ALP? 300? 500? Thanks.

Closed Thread

Tags
alkaline phosphatase, colorectal cancer