It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Colon Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-02-2012, 02:30 PM   #1
(male)

fisheye1 HB User
21 yr old... scared and concerned

hey everyone
I am 21 year old male and I have recently encountered some problems.
As of two weeks ago I had some slight right flank pain back by my kidney and is kinda tender to the touch. The pain/discomfort hasnt really gone away. I have also had left side flank pain also. Most of these pains are constant but arent that bad.
I also have been having lower back pain and a weird sensation around my tailbone which has come and gone these past two weeks but can be very uncomfortable. I also have developed a pain when sitting down especially my left butt cheek. I have had a hemrriod for about 2 or 3 years now and has bled in the past like a tiny tiny drop but I havnt seen that in a long time and it was a bright red and it has never bothered me.
I havnt noticed any blood in my stool or anything.
I even went to the ER and they did some basic blood tests which were normal and even did a CT Scan of my abdomin area but didnt see anything.
I also went to my regular Dr. who did some more blood test(still waiting to hear results) and also did some XRAYs but didnt see anything on those also. These flank pains have been going for two weeks now and the back and butt pain has been going for the past week.
I also havnt been going "poop" as much as I use to. Now its about once a day compared to two or 3 times before.
I am freaking out that it is CC because I read somewhere that if your tailbone is having that sensation it is a good indication of CC. Can anyone help me out with some answers? Thanks!

Last edited by fisheye1; 08-02-2012 at 02:36 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-02-2012, 02:44 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

ladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB User
Re: 21 yr old...scared and concerned

This does not sound like colon cancer. What it sounds like is low back pain with possible sciatic radiation into the buttocks. I assume you had a normal urine test. I would pursue the sciatica possibility, as lumbar disc bulging or herniation can press on the nerve going into your buttocks and cause a very uncomfortable pressure sensation in the sacrum/tailbone area. Some anti=inflammatories, muscle relaxants and caution with body mechanics, no lifting, etc might work. This usually requires an MRI to see the discs clearly, and sometimes if the Dr thinks that is what it is, they will just treat you the first time and see how you do.

Closed Thread

Tags
colon cancer