It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Colon Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-08-2012, 07:45 PM   #1
(male)

Colin 1 HB User
Need help! looks like I have all the symptoms

Well at first I noticed I was more tired than usual, just always feeling drowsy and not rested. Was able to take naps for first time in years (Insomnia problems). Then I noticed I was having diarrhea alot, blackish, weird stool colored spit looking stuff, sometimes blood when I wipe. And finally my lack of apetite.. Which is most annoying cause I work out with intent for getting larger. I hope I don't have to go for a test.. Today when I was going to washroom (diarrhea of course) , I noticed after I was done there was 2 large drips of fresh red blood inside the toilet bowl not near the stool, tiny bit of blood when I wiped. Before I get the feeling like I have to go take a number 2 ,acid comes into my mouth similar to heartburn in night.
I drink 100 grams of protein or more a day in shakes, drink coffee daily,don't drink as much water as I should, about quarter the fiber I need daily, and I smoke. Could the digestive problems be linked to that or do I have a greater problem? Please help, I'm quite worried after reading the symptoms.

Last edited by Colin 1; 08-08-2012 at 08:17 PM.

Old 08-08-2012, 07:59 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

ladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB User
Re: Need help! looks like I have all the symptoms

At age 22, colon cancer is highly unlikely. What is more likely is an inflammatory condition of the bowel called colitis, which causes diarrhea, blood and mucus, and often cramping pain prior to and with BM's. This can cause anemia from the blood loss, and the fatigue can be from that or the inflammation itself. The other possibility is that you contracted an infection in GI tract, bacterial or parasites. You really need to be seen by a Dr., and get some stool tested for infection, and may need a sigmoidoscopy, a look inside the bowel to see what is going on, especially if no infection shows up. A blood count will help determine if you are anemic.

The following user gives a hug of support to ladybud:
Colin 1 (08-08-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-08-2012, 08:20 PM   #3
(male)

Colin 1 HB User

Thanks alot for your help! Greatly appreciated

Old 08-11-2012, 11:38 PM   #4
(female)

always worry HB User

Sounds more like an inflammation of the digestive tract (colitis) and possibly stomach ulcers. Nothing that can't be fixed witg medication. Dont worry. Get it looked at.

Closed Thread