It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Colon Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-16-2012, 09:13 PM   #1
(female)

Farrah10 HB UserFarrah10 HB UserFarrah10 HB User
What test do I get done! Weird symptoms.

For the past 2 months OFF and ON I have been getting this feeling of burning,gnawing and nausea in my stomach. usuallly along with this I get diaherrea/constipation. My abdomen is tender when I touch it also. I will feel achy inmy lower back and I have this feeling of needing to go to the bathroom but nothing comes out.I have had this sensation for the last 2 days. None of this is consistent. It comes for 2 days then gone for a week then back for 5 days and gone for 3 If you get what I mean.
I've had a ton of bloodwork and just had an upper GI which showed nothing. Do you think I need a colonoscpy? Right nowI'm scheduled for an abdominal CT will that show images of the colon?
I'm get scared because I"m adopted with no family history. I'm 30 years old and scared this could be someting serious. Thoughts??

Old 08-17-2012, 07:42 AM   #2
(female)

Acey HB UserAcey HB User
Re: What test do I get done! Weird symptoms.

It sounds like you are actively trying to find the answers and that is great. Many times people, especially younger people, just assume the symptoms will go away. Congrats on taking action quickly.

Although it "could" be a colon problem it could also be an allergic reaction to something you are eating or drinking. You are doing the right thing. Try not to be frightened. You are young, you are getting medical help and the likelihood is that you will be fine. Stress is not good so take time to exercise or sing or read...whatever helps you chill. Let us know how it goes. Sending caring supportive thoughts your way.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-17-2012, 07:52 PM   #3
(female)

Farrah10 HB UserFarrah10 HB UserFarrah10 HB User
Re: What test do I get done! Weird symptoms.

Thank you for the kind words I'm actually on a strict paleo elmination diet so I have removed many allergens. I have a slight bulge to the left of my belly button so that is getting me. The actual area of bulge is not painful tho

Closed Thread