It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Colon Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-15-2012, 02:53 PM   #1
(male)

fahy HB User
Could This Be Colon Cancer?

Hi All,

Sorry for the hypochondria, but I thought this would be an ideal place to post and get some opinions.

I am a 24 year old man who has been having an issue since late May. Starting in late May I sometimes been feeling throbbing after going to the toilet. There is also quite regularly blood on the paper when I go to the toilet, though I can't see any in the actual stool. Sometime the inside feels very itchy and uncomfortable. I can go a few days without any of these symptoms (I have noticed there is a correlation with diet) only for them to return.

At first I suspected hemorrhoids and made an appointment last month after a few months of this not sorting itself out. The doctor did a physical exam and said he could not find hemorrhoids. He prescribed hydrocortisone AC, which has not stopped the bleeding I sometimes have or the itching.

I am getting a referral to a gastroenterologist. I am quite scared of being diagnosed with colon cancer, even though I am told at my age it would be rare. My diet could be better, and I get at least an hour or walking in every week day with some running on weekends.

If hemorrhoids were ruled out what else could be causing these symptom? Is an anal fissure a possibility, or something else?

I have no family history of colon cancer. The only person in my family who ever had cancer was my mother's uncle, who died of lung cancer.

Thanks in advance for reading and your thoughts!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-03-2012, 04:44 PM   #2
(male)

jamboz HB User
Re: Could This Be Colon Cancer?

yes it do still suspect a hemherroid they cant always be felt because they are very soft.
colon cancer is a possibility but to say the least is uncommon under 40 never mind under 25 im not saying its not that its just far more likely to be a hemherroid because itching and discomfort in the back passage is a common complaint in people with a hemherroid.

best of luck

Closed Thread