It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Colon Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-16-2012, 01:23 AM   #1
(male)

paulv21981 HB User
Worried about bowel cancer

I am a little worried I may have bowel cancer. I have been to the Doctors and had a full blood count which was normal, the Doctor doesn't think I have bowel cancer.

I don't have a strong stomach and everyone in my family are the same.

I noticed blood when I go the toilet which is fresh. I go every morning which hasn't changed. The stools are usually very soft and I read that looser stools are a sign. However I'm not sure how looser they need to be. I have diarrhea, and I read that it needs to be for 3 weeks, so does this mean 3 weeks every day, because I think I may get diarrhea like for a day then maybe again in a couple of weeks, so I think this may be just food I'm eating , as I said I don't have a strong stomach. My stools are always light brown.

Anyway, I went for a flexible sigmoidoscopy test which came back normal, they found small internal hemorrhoids which explains the blood.

My question is:

The flexible sigmoidoscopy reached 22cm - they was a soild stool at this point.

So after this test - should I be worried? If I did have bowel cancer would the sigmoidoscopy find something adnormal within the 22cm range? And would the blood test show something adnormal? The person conducting the sigmoidoscopy said I have nothing to worry about.

Does your stools have to be very dark colour?

I go to the gym alot lifting heavy weights and I haven't got any weaker, I have got stronger. So would I still be able to go in the gym lifting heavy weights if I had bowel cancer?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-16-2012, 02:59 AM   #2
(male)

Alex123123 HB User
Re: Worried about bowel cancer

Hey
Read your post and if they explained the logic reason of the blood and you have your full energy and can go to the gym, there is NO way you have colon cancer. Remember that one of the most indicative colon cancer symtoms is excessive tiredness and feeling weak all the time. Also, you would have been experiencing constipation or other things too. Do not worry, enjoy you are healthy and ONLY if you see any strange new thing arising then go back to the Dr. I am no dr but i can tell you are you just being anxious and a bit obsessed. I am in the exact same situation like you

Old 10-16-2012, 04:42 AM   #3
(male)

paulv21981 HB User

Thanks for your reply. I don't have constipation. But I do have looser stools every now and then.
On the leaflet it says if you have had looser stools for 3 weeks or more your Doctor wants to know. But is this looser stools like everyday?

Anyway I heard that the camera that I had can go up to 50cm and mine only went up to 22cm.....so I'm a little worried if there might of been something passed 22cm?

So you feel the same as me?

Old 10-16-2012, 05:13 AM   #4
(male)

Alex123123 HB User

Hey, I just posted my new threat a minute ago, go check out my case so you understand. But yea, the thing is that my loose stools did not start off nowhere, they started after I got treated for infectious diarrhea. So I am sort of blaming my current condition due to the poison antibiotics messing up my gut....but seriously man, if I were you I would have nothing to worry about. Listen to your doctors, they did not hear or saw anything that was of concern, otherwise they would have done the full colonoscopy. Unless you notice other changes then you should try it just for peace of mind. Yesterday I asked my GI over the phone "can a colon cancer person be going to the gym feeling very strong not getting tired and playing tennis" and he said "no, definately not". then he said "besides you would be bleeding a lot". Ok you bled but they found the couse....so chill out

Old 10-16-2012, 06:16 PM   #5
(female)

shersita HB User

Don't stress yourself. Last year without reason I started to have very soft stool of different colors like green, very light brown, and sometimes I saw like some slices of dark blood over the ligth brown stool, it weren't fresh blood. I got scared, since I have like diarrhea 3 days, then suddenly constipation, then normal, it was crazy. I did went to some gastro doctor and he made me some stool test to verify if it were blood there like I was sawing, there was micro blood in the results so I demand a full colonoscopy, no doctor wanted to make one on me, except one that I terrible insist to him, so I paid for the full colonoscopy and bang, the results were my colon was totally clean, there were nothing, I have the copy of the full pictures of my full colon, why sometimes I have bloody stool is a mistery, but for the meantime I know there's nothing inside my colon, so relax. After a few months I had stopped to have soft stool and no more bloody stool either, so chill and relax.

Old 04-20-2013, 06:46 AM   #6
(female)

wilcox501 HB User

I wouldn't worry right now. However, for your next scheduled test, I would schedule a regular colonscopy, not a sigmoidoscopy. On my husband's first colonscopy, they found polyps way up near the end of his colon where a sigmoidoscopy would not have shown them. Then you would be completely reassured. There was colon cancer is our families, so we each get one every 3 years. Good luck to you.

Reply Reply