It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Colon Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-23-2012, 08:53 AM   #1
(male)

Jeepman11 HB User
colon cancer stage 4

Hello,
This is my 1st post. On aug 2nd I was diagnosed with colon cancer stage 4 spread to the Omentum in several spots.
I was wondering what my chances are of surviving (scientifically speaking). I have heard it could be only about 8%. I know it varies case to case and I am under the care and treatment of an oncologist.
I am very tired most of the time and get severe abdominal cramps. I am still working as much as I can.
I am on Folfox 5 with 46 hr pump 14 days plus trial drug Tevozanib. On my 4th 14 day cycle now.
what should I do?

Old 10-25-2012, 03:58 AM   #2
(male)

berkeley3525 HB Userberkeley3525 HB User
Re: colon cancer stage 4

Nutrition is crucial. Visit your local book store and see what books they have that in stock or can order for you. You need an anti cancer diet book or a diet book that fights cancer. You need to learn what foods fight cancer and what foods feed cancer which you must avoid. You can also do a search on this website for cancer diets. I do remember reading that sugar feeds cancer. I would avoid foods with sugar including fruit juice and fruits. You must help yourself and not just entirely depend on conventional medicine. Besides reading books on diets for cancer patients consult with a Nutritionist and a Holistic Doctor.

Last edited by berkeley3525; 10-25-2012 at 03:59 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-29-2012, 09:59 AM   #3
(female)

Tazinhoover HB User
Re: colon cancer stage 4

My brother is 43 and going through similar experience as you. He was diagnosed in May of this year. He doesn't live near any of the major treatment centers so his best option was to just follow what the doctors said with the chemo. We know now that you have to seek out second opinions and treatment options that are maybe far away from where you live. Most of them will do evals on line even if you contact them based on your scans and records. There are lots of resources for financial help to travel, etc... if you are accepted to a place not close to you. I would suggest you seek out MD Anderson and Pittsburg maybe. UAB in Birmingham, AL They won't come looking for you, so you have to just do the research. They have very good success rates in some of these places. Hugs and good thoughts to you!

Closed Thread