It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Colon Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-04-2012, 01:40 AM   #1
(male)

Hijikata HB User
Quick question in regards to metamucil and colorectal cancer

So my question is, if since starting to take metamucil my stools have gone back to a regular shape and are slowly returning my bowel regularity, if this would be a good indication that my bowel problems are probably not the result of a cancer of the colon or rectum. Or could this just be masking the problem? I just fail to see how, if cancer was powerful and advanced enough to cause symptoms, how metamucil could then return normalcy, unless of course the initial problem was not cancer. Call it curiosity haha. I would appreciate any input on this one
- hiji

Old 11-07-2012, 03:47 AM   #2
(male)

Hijikata HB User
Re: Quick question in regards to metamucil and colorectal cancer

I just thought I would reply to my own post to let people know of this and hope it helps some of the nervous ninnies like me out there to take a second to just calm down and breathe. I went and saw my GP and he is a very good, well informed and thorough doctor. What I mean by that Is he will order the tests required with no prejudice to age or any other factor. He will act based solely on symptoms alone. So when I went to him for a follow up about my bowel problems (which consisted of mucus and change in bowel habits over a few years) he said to do a little test before getting carried away. Use this metamucil or another supplement of your liking and see if your stools begin to return to regularity whilst your body adjusts to the change in diet. If it does, it doesn't rule out colorectal cancer, but it does rule out the symptom of change in dietary habits as if it was due to a carcinoma metamucil would have no effect. However if it was because of diet, if then obviously adding something or subtracting something else returned regularity, it was only because of your dietary habits. So in turn if metamucil has worked to restore regularity, then you can rule out the symptom of change in bowel habits. Just a nifty tidbit

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread