It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Colon Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-15-2012, 03:24 PM   #1
(female)

alexis44 HB User
Colon cancer / colonoscopy

For the past 12 months or so, I get pain in my lower left abdomen. Usually it's a strong cramping, I usually hunch over and hold something against the spot and wait for it to subside. Sometimes it lasts for hours other times it's no more than 15 minutes. I get diarrhea way more often than I should- sometimes 3 times a week (but again, sometimes i wont for 2 weeks straight). We kept a food diary to see if it was from a food but it's not.
My doctor ordered blood work and said that nothing showed up, and that she did a lot of tests. Would colon cancer or a sign of that have showed up in the tests? I dont know if colon cancer does anything with blood cells that would've been noticed.
Anyways, she told me to call a gastrointestinal dr, and make an appt. I'm afraid they're going to want to do a colonoscopy, and just the thought of that makes me nauseous. I was just wondering if others of you with colon cancer experienced these symptoms before being diagnosed, and if it's something I should worry about?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-19-2012, 08:39 PM   #2
(female)

tula12 HB Usertula12 HB User
Re: Colon cancer / colonoscopy

Make the appointment with the gastro, if you have to have a colonsocopy, then you have to have one. It really is no big deal, I just had my first one and even the prep wasn't too bad. The symptoms you are experiencing can be a number of things, not necessarily bad either, the colonoscopy is the premiere testing.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread

Tags
abdomen, cancer, colon, diarreah, gastrointestinal