It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Colon Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-03-2012, 01:30 AM   #1
(male)

cushin HB User
Colonoscopy 2013

I have family history of colon cancer. I am now 51 and have what I can only describe as a recurring gas bubble in my bowels. It happens in a single location on the lower right side and I can relieve the pressure by using my hand to press on it. There is no pain but I feel like theres a small gas balloon that forms there.

I have had bloody stools recently.

I have no insurance, am unemployed and I guess I need to get a colonoscopy.

I hope to get feedback from those in the Seattle, WA or Portland, OR areas.

How much can I expect to pay all in including a hypothetical polyp removal?

Feedback discussing colonoscopy and the Affordable Care Act......... Obamacare..... would be helpful.

Money is tight.

Thanks

Last edited by cushin; 12-03-2012 at 04:50 AM.

Old 12-15-2012, 01:05 PM   #2
(male)

mcarj119 HB User
Re: Colonoscopy 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by cushin View Post
I have family history of colon cancer. I am now 51 and have what I can only describe as a recurring gas bubble in my bowels. It happens in a single location on the lower right side and I can relieve the pressure by using my hand to press on it. There is no pain but I feel like theres a small gas balloon that forms there.

I have had bloody stools recently.

I have no insurance, am unemployed and I guess I need to get a colonoscopy.

I hope to get feedback from those in the Seattle, WA or Portland, OR areas.

How much can I expect to pay all in including a hypothetical polyp removal?

Feedback discussing colonoscopy and the Affordable Care Act......... Obamacare..... would be helpful.

Money is tight.

Thanks
I was in a similar situation last year and I paid out of pocket for my colonoscopy. I called the state colon cancer program and was told that they could not provide me with any assistance (im not sure why they exist). The hospitals in my area were willing to help by setting me up with a payment plan but the cost was astronomical.
I then ended up using a program called Colonoscopy Assist. I had 2 polyps removed and it cost me $950. but the way they explained it to me, the price wouldve been the same even if I didnt have polyps..

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-15-2012, 01:07 PM   #3
(male)

mcarj119 HB User
Re: Colonoscopy 2013

I was in a similar situation last year and I paid out of pocket for my colonoscopy. I called the state colon cancer program and was told that they could not provide me with any assistance (im not sure why they exist). The hospitals in my area were willing to help by setting me up with a payment plan but the cost was astronomical.
I then ended up using a program called Colonoscopy Assist. I had 2 polyps removed and it cost me $950. but the way they explained it to me, the price wouldve been the same even if I didnt have polyps..

Closed Thread

Tags
colonoscopy, insurance, obama care