It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Colon Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-22-2013, 03:30 PM   #1
(female)

LO239 HB User
Worried sick about having colon cancer

For almost a month now, I have been plagued with a change of bowel movements. It started with severe cramp in the abdomen area and then I would have to make a mad dash to the bathroom.

It was loose stool at first but then it became explosive diahrrea. After about a week of this happening I made an appointment with my family doctor. I have had my Gallbladder out last May. Since that time my bowel movements have never been completely "normal". I have had constipation more than not.

When I went for my visit he did not take any blood tests, but assumed it was a dumping of bile salts into my intestines. He prescribed Colestid which made matters worse and another cholesteral medication that would aid in absorbing the excess bile. After I took the Colestid for a couple of days I had severe bloating that made my insides feel like they were being twisted and tangled.

I then made an appointment with a second doctor who is currently running some more blood work and I also submitted a stool sample. I am waiting for those results.

During this time about a week ago the cramping and bloating had gotten so bad that I made a trip into the ER. My blood pressure was pretty elevated. They ran several blood tests which came back normal and a CT scan of my abdominal area which did not show anything abnormal except for a esphogeal hernia and a couple of degenerative discs.

In regards to the bloating sometimes movement can make it worse or I know this will sound crazy....riding in car makes my insides feel like they are being rattled around. Then the pain feels like it is under my ribcage, I guess from all the bloating.

So my mind is going to the worst possible conclusion which is colon or rectal cancer. I am driving my family nuts over this and feel that I needed to post to a forum where hopefully other individuals will relate to this dreaded sense of doom...I have now cast over me.

If anyone does read this thanks for just reading. It feels better to actually type your feelings out.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-27-2013, 07:24 PM   #2
(female)

Yellow84 HB User
Re: Worried sick about having colon cancer

My mom had the exact same thing after her gallbladder was removed. Changes in bowels and bad bloating. It's been six years since she had it out and to this day she has issues. But I know what you mean about the worry...I've had odd abdominal pains..some localized some all over. Plus sitting makes them worse...plus I've noticed pencil thin stool and some weight loss but this could be cause I'm not eating well...I'm scared to eat and I've been really depressed lately about all my symptoms. I have small children and I'm really scared. I hope you find relief soon.

Old 02-28-2013, 12:28 PM   #3
(female)

LO239 HB User
Smile Re: Worried sick about having colon cancer

Dear Yellow,

Thanks for sharing about your mom. I can really relate to the difference my disgestive system has changed after a Gallbladder removal. My empathy goes out to your mom and I hope that she can find relief as well.

I am very sorry to hear about your not feeling well. Have you had your Gallbladder checked out. I know that in my immediate family I was the third person to have mine taken out. Although I did not have any symptoms prior to my attack, if you haven't done so already it might be a good idea just to be on the safe side.

I can really really relate to what you have been going through. As I mentioned in my first posting, I was awaiting a stool blood test and it posted positive for blood, so I am scheduling for a colonoscopy next week, which is more waiting.

In the mean time I am just taking one day at a time until I hear something conclusive one way or the other. Sometimes are minds tend to take over and we think the worst thoughts. There are no words that can make us feel better until we have conclusive answers as to what is going on for sure.

I know you mentioned that you have little ones and that makes everything seem twice overwhelming. So if you can go to your primary doctor and get things checked out.

In the mean time you are in my thoughts and prayers...I hope you will feeling better. Take care and keep in touch to let me know how you are or if you just need to some encouraging words.

Reply Reply

Tags
bloating, colon cancer, diahrrea