It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Colon Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-06-2013, 01:40 PM   #1
(female)

butr4what HB User
10 weeks of loose stools

I am a 31 year old female and have always been very healthy. My bowel movements were extremely regular and well formed. I eat a very healthy diet that is high in fiber and exercise regularly. Starting in January, I started having diarrhea and loose stools several times a day.I assumed that I had some kind of stomach virus but after 2 weeks without a single regular bowel movement and diarrhea up to 12 times a day, I went to see my GP. He thought it may be a bacterial GI bug so he prescribed an antibiotic and suggested taking Imodium. The Imodium made me stop pooping completely but as soon as it was out of my system, the diarrhea would start again. I have also been having bouts of nausea, fatigue (but I have 3 kids under the age of 5 so who knows if this is worth noting). After 4 weeks of this, I went to seed a GI and he again suggested waiting a while longer to see if it would resolve itself. He prescribed an antispasmodic which I couldn't take because I'm nursing, regular doses of Imodium, and a probiotic. The Imodium made me constipated and gassy so I only take it sparingly. It's now been 10 weeks without a single normal movement and I saw a big wad of white mucus and red blood in my stool this morning. My GP ran tests for blood 6 weeks ago, parasites, etc and found nothing. My great aunt had colon cancer but other than that, theres none in my family that I know of. I'm scheduled for a colonoscopy next.week but this is really starting to worry me. Any ideas what I should be making sure they look for other than cancer during the coloscopy? Crohns, colitis, polyps, etc?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-13-2013, 05:05 AM   #2
(female)

NJLinda HB UserNJLinda HB UserNJLinda HB UserNJLinda HB User
Re: 10 weeks of loose stools

Sounds like you might have IBS. It can come on sudden and I'm sorry to say last a long time. Double check that after your colonoscopy. You might have to fool around with some meds to find what help you. I've found probotics helps a lot. Good luck

Old 03-14-2013, 05:37 PM   #3
(male)

PCTECH01 HB User
Re: 10 weeks of loose stools

I am writing to put your mind at ease re the proceedure and what they will see. If you have cancer, it will show up very clearly as an obstruction in your inner walls. Try to picture your colin as a ribbed vacume cleaning hose and as the doctors inserts his probing device into you, remarkably clear and large color pictures will be displayed on a tv screen as he moves about. Tiny polyps half the size of a Q-tip end will be plainly visable. I really feel your issue is being caused by diet or something else and you are doing the right thing to check it out. Good Luck and let us know how you made out.

Reply Reply