It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Colon Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-21-2013, 12:03 AM   #1
(female)

jojosmommy2008 HB User
rectal bleeding

Well after reading about someone from my local area being diagnosed as have stage 4 colon cancer. seeing the same army doctors as I for the same symptoms. he was told for years that it was hemorrhoids. I am scared! My symtoms for the last 2 years have been rectal bleeding. It happens all the time at least 4 days a week. Even when I pee. If I go to wipe its on the tp. Ive taken a mirror down there and sat on a toilet and during the time from just sitting there no bowel movement bright blood begans drip. I do have external hemorrhoids from pushing for an hour with my daughter I have talked to my doctors and they seem to think its from my hemorrhoids that cause the bleeding. the bleeding gets so bad that it fills the toilet with blood also sometimes one side of my stool is flattened other than that I have normal bowel movements daily not loose or hard I mean sometimes they are but depending on what I eat kind of thing. I am scared I am 26 years old and I know colon cancer is rare for my age but the local guy around here is in his early 30s and has stage 4. for those who have had just hemorrhoids did you get symptoms like this and for those with cancer does it sound like cancer?

Old 04-21-2013, 12:22 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

ladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB User
Re: rectal bleeding

Your bleeding sounds pretty heavy and constant for hemorrhoids. There are other things that can cause rectal bleeding besides cancer as well. I would see a GI Dr. and get a good exam with sigmoidoscopy or colonoscopy to identify the bleeding site. Dripping blood that frequently can make you anemic, so I would ask for a blood count too. Whatever is found would be best treated so this doesn't continue. Cancer usually causes changes in bowel movements, but not always, so best to be on the safe side, check it out, and relieve your anxieties.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-23-2013, 05:05 PM   #3
(female)

jojosmommy2008 HB User
Re: rectal bleeding

I have a drs apt on Monday. I am scared for the last week Ive been having having the bleeding issue. If its not dripping blood in the toilet one side of my stool is streaked. Very worried could use some advise, I will be requesting a colonoscopy, hopefully I am taken seriously. For those who have had just hemorrhoids have you experienced and thing similar also wanting to know if you can get a colonoscopy without be put to sleep or given major sedatives.

Reply Reply