It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Colon Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-21-2013, 02:34 PM   #1
(female)

liannalee HB User
Oh no!

I just read that fatigue/exhaustion is one sign of colon cancer. I have been feeling like this for ages. I wrote the question about large colon polyps, but no one answered. Maybe it was too involved. I tend to put too much information in with my questions. Sorry.

Only question in this post;
Should I push the doctor (somehow) to operate on me to remove these 5cm polyps before August?

Thanks - liannalee

Canada's health care system is great, until you need help and you're put on a long waiting list.

Old 04-21-2013, 06:17 PM   #2
(female)

notsopatient HB User
Re: Oh no!

Liannalee,

Did your dr do a biopsy when they were found? Colon polyps should be removed anyway so you should push for them to remove them.

Fatigue/exhaustion are caused by many things not just colon cancer.

Best to see the dr and have him check it out,

Best of luck!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-22-2013, 03:59 AM   #3
(female)

liannalee HB User

see post below -

Last edited by liannalee; 04-22-2013 at 04:05 AM.

Old 04-22-2013, 04:03 AM   #4
(female)

liannalee HB User

He wouldn't biopsy them or remove them because of their location and size. Because of my diverticular disease the prep wasn't ideal so he was also worried about cross contamination (difficulties with prep's are common with divericular disease). (I will now need to drink 6 packets of Klean Prep instead of 4 in 4 hours)

The doctor's secretary only had an August appointment. The doctor wanted me in for July. Is there a reason the doctor would wait until July or is it because of scheduling issues? I ask this because I think I might call their office today and tell them how very worried I am. From what I've read 2 polyps the size mine are is dangerous (precancerous) 3.75 cm and 5.0 cm. They are right beside each other on the right side of my large intestine.

If the colonoscopy doesn't work I will need surgery. Would you call? I don't want to annoy the doctor but I am very afraid of waiting.

Last edited by liannalee; 04-22-2013 at 04:07 AM.

Reply Reply