It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Esophageal Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-09-2005, 04:32 PM   #1

Lloyd HB User
I NEED SUGGESTIONS/ Esophageal cancer feeding problem

Has anyone had to try to help a person with esophageal cancer cope by finding what and how they can eat? The tiumor has blocked the esophagus to a tiny opening. I got Ensure and some other things like puddings and Jello. She has heavy reflux intermittently and is geting very little food down- but water seems okay. She isn't dehydrated.
Are there powders or mixes or recipes I don't know about? The doctors just shrug and say do the best you can until we know what stage she's at. That doesn't keep her built up if she is able to have surgery.

Thanks.

Old 02-16-2005, 04:25 PM   #2

shadowrose40 HB User
Re: I NEED SUGGESTIONS/ Esophageal cancer feeding problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lloyd
Has anyone had to try to help a person with esophageal cancer cope by finding what and how they can eat? The tiumor has blocked the esophagus to a tiny opening. I got Ensure and some other things like puddings and Jello. She has heavy reflux intermittently and is geting very little food down- but water seems okay. She isn't dehydrated.
Are there powders or mixes or recipes I don't know about? The doctors just shrug and say do the best you can until we know what stage she's at. That doesn't keep her built up if she is able to have surgery.

Thanks.
Have they considered a feeding tube? You don't say how long this has been going on, but esophageal cancer can spread quickly and needs treated quickly.

It would at least keep her nourished.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-16-2005, 09:56 PM   #3
(female)

dny HB User

I heard that the milk of the Queen bee is very useful for esophageal cancer.
It can make the ulcer in the oesophagus heal.

Best wishes to her.

Old 02-18-2005, 12:15 AM   #4
(female)

Lady_J_1_01 HB User

I guess after our experience with Clint, I know hospice is such a great help. they are leiasons for us and the Dr. (they seem to be able to pull strings) I hope you can contact hospice. Many have years of experience with the "tried and tru" things that have worked over the years. Also the possibility of a g-tube may be in the near future, with the threat of possible aspiration and all......youll be in my prayers. Mattie

Closed Thread