It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Esophageal Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-03-2005, 12:00 AM   #1
Inactive

PlaDrv4Me HB User
HPV Virus link to Oral/Esophageal Cancer and Oral Sex.

So some of you know my story here. Two oral encounters with a couple of females back in early 2004, then shortly thereafter I experienced swollen nodes in my neck for a month, was treated with antibiotics and the nodes went away but my tonsils have never gone back down and Ive had a whole landslide of symptoms ever since. The latest is a red patch on my right side tonsillar pillar, bad tinnitus and a little disorientation when I wake up in the morning.

Of course any red patch is alarming in the mouth according to the websites I read, and now I have a found what I believe could be a final connection for me...

Apparently the Human Papilloma virus 16, which is credited with most Cervical cancer occurences, does have the potential, albeit small to cause cancer in the mouth, tongue and throat as well.

My question is, has anyone here ever been diagnosed with this unique subset of oral/pharyngeal cancer? The one light at the end of the tunnel is a substantially better prognosis than regular oral cancer. In fact HPV16 Oral cancer patients are 59% less likely to die from the cancer than their traditional oral cancer counterparts.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread