It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Esophageal Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-27-2007, 03:54 PM   #1
(male)

PhilosophicalL HB User
Esophageal Cancer

All though it sounds very unlikely, I'm a 15 year old white Caucasian male and I believe I have esophageal cancer. Does anyone have any experience with this disease?

Old 06-30-2007, 07:35 PM   #2
(female)

wmjsease HB User
Re: Esophageal Cancer

My husband died with it. He was 33 years old. He started having symptoms of a hiatal hernia and GERD. However, when he had a endoscopy, cancer was found. You are mighty young to have this problem, but stranger things have happened. Have you been tested? You probably have GERD or a hiatal hernia which can mimic the symptoms of this kind of cancer. My husband finally got to the point where the tumor was so big, that he couldn't keep water down. It just came back up. He lost a lot of weight. Surgery got rid of that tumor, but almost a year later it spread to the bones. You need to see your doctor about this. If you haven't tried meds for GERD yet, you may need to. Good Luck

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread