It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Esophageal Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-24-2009, 09:08 PM   #1
(female)

aashimabakshi HB User
Stage 2b esophageal cancer diagnosed for my father

Hello All,

My father has been diagnosed with Stage 2b squamous cell EC in mid esophagus. The lymphnodes involved are in paratracheal region.

After many rounds of discussion with doctors and his case discussion in hosptials tumor board, doctors have put him on chemo-radiotherapy for about 6 weeks.

this will include chemo (cisplatin+5Fu)for 5 weeks as once weekly infusion along with radiation (5 days a week) for 30 sittings. then a repeat of chemo cycle of 4 days.

surgery is not recommended at this time because tracheal lymph nodes are involved and would be a risk.

they are confident to get the cancer into remission with this combination therapy.

His treatment started yesterday and we are keeping our fingers crossed and wishing for complete response and lesser side effects.

I will highly appreciate if anyone has a similar experience and can share the success rates, precautions, risks, anything regarding the same.

Will be of real help.

God Bless!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread