It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Esophageal Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-21-2011, 09:58 PM   #1
(female)

dee46 HB User
My esophagus hurts

I am having such a difficulty with my esophagus it is sore at the bottom. I fear I've developed ulcerations from acid or reflux of bile from a dysfunctional gallbladder. I have GERD and Gallbladder issues. I've had it for years in the past months it's gotten worse. Now I have such pain in my back it's like I have a tumor in my chest rubbing nerves. My worse time is at night during sleep I cannot sleep no more than 4-5 hours the pain kicks in and burns, and aches my ribs, and my back. After I get up it does subside a bit, but it still hurts.

My gallbladder is diseased and I need it removed. I am not sure if my trouble is originating from that point or if the GERD is getting worse. Someone suggested prilosec but it is not working. It's so sore in my esophagus things are getting stuck certain foods and pills. Never happen before. One stupid thing I've done is take Ibuprofen for the back and rib pain I have taken a low dose and only once a day, but if I have ulcers it may be making this worse.

Has anyone here had my symptoms or what about cancer of the esophagus or stomach? I have FMS and IC, GERD and GB disease.

What are the symptoms of EC?
Thank you to anyone who answers this message.

The following user gives a hug of support to dee46:
bubbles46 (04-03-2011)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-26-2011, 09:15 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

gardenandcats HB Usergardenandcats HB Usergardenandcats HB Usergardenandcats HB Usergardenandcats HB Usergardenandcats HB Usergardenandcats HB Usergardenandcats HB User
Re: My esophagus hurts

You really really need to go see your doctor very soon. E cancer is often caused by many years of gastric Reflux.Having problems swallowing things getting stuck in your throat is a sign of possible E cancer.
I am not trying to scare you just making sure you go to your doctor very soon and get it checked..Somethings not right and its best to find the cause sooner rather then later and get if fixed..

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-30-2011, 01:00 AM   #3
(female)

dee46 HB User
Re: My esophagus hurts

Well it seems so much better now. I think it got inflamed from acid reflux and ulcers formed. I've been taking Tagament a H2 which is for healing ulcers and it has actually did a better job than the prilosec for me. I still get acid when I miss a dose, but the swallowing has improve and the only thing I have trouble with is sticky capsules. My food goes down okay. I plan on getting a workup soon. I want to get some blood work done first and then go from there. I have so many things going on right now with suspected kidney stones, and gallbladder problems. I did a UTI test and it was negative, so I think all the blood I pee this weekend in due to stones passing through the ureters.

Thanks for the post.

Closed Thread