It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Esophageal Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-15-2011, 02:18 PM   #1
(male)

MrMattyMatt HB User
Question Waiting game for results...

Newbie 39yo Male
I am playing the waiting game for results of my tests today. I went in for a double scope (upper and lower). I was experiencing chronic diarreah and occasional morning vomiting. Aside from the prep I don't recall anything during the procedure and it seemed like I was out for only 10 minutes. I felt great and refreshed after I came-to.

Now for the results. If anything I was expecting something more from the colonoscopy, but apparently they only found one polyp and did a few biopsies. However, the endoscopy revealed "severe esophagitis" along with a nodule that was biopsied in the "distal esophagus". When I woke up the Dr quickly said he was very concerned about my esophagus and that my colon was fine. Then he was gone. I follow up in 3 weeks. He prescribed 40 mg of Priolec and 1mg Sucralfate 4x daily.

The report says nothing more about the nodule (no size, etc) other than it was found and biopsied.

I hate the waiting - anyone else experienced similar results? I am hoping it's just "no big deal". I am shocked that the upper procedure produced these results as I have not had any major issues (no reflux, etc0 only burping and the vomiting.

Closed Thread