It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Esophageal Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-29-2012, 12:29 PM   #1
(female)

emiller1 HB User
Esophageal cancer now in brain

My husband (54 years old) 26 years married was diagnosed last march with esophageal cancer in stage three. We went through the chemo and radiation then went the resection surgery. All went well and last Cat scan he was clear, no cancer. One year later he began not to speak clearly and could not remember simple words. I thought it was a stroke. They found 5 masses is his brian. We just went through 10 session of radiatio and they said two were not noted and 3 had shrunk to almost nothing. But, I am worried he does not seem himself and do not know if this is a effect of the radiation or if there is something else going on. His ject MRI is 6/24.

The following user gives a hug of support to emiller1:
rudiraven (05-29-2012)
Old 05-29-2012, 01:20 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

rudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB User
Re: Esophageal cancer now in brain

I am so sorry for your husband's diagnosis. My husband was diagnosed in Nov. 2004 with stage 4 esophageal cancer with mets to the liver. He passed away in Nov. 2006. He was 59 (married 36 years). I am unfamiliar with mets to the brain, but whole brain radiation could cause cognitive and memory problems. Did you speak with his doctor about this? I wish you well, and please come back here to talk anytime. I know what you're going through and you will both be in my prayers

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread