It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Esophageal Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-13-2012, 09:38 AM   #1
(male)

YippitySkippity HB User
CT scans of chest

Diagnosed with Barrett's about 6 years ago but didn't know that there was surveillances needed. I just dropped alcohol, only has a smoke now and then and took Prilosec regularly and ate better. Still have GURD but very mild.

Had a CT scan for something else but the pics of my esophagus worry me. No pain or trouble swallowing but a bit of food comes up a bit after eating but I seem to always remembering that happening for years. Something about a weak stomach sphincter. Things don't look right to me and I'm scared. I had the scans for something else so my esophogus wasn't looked at. Thanks for any help you can provide.

Last edited by Administrator; 07-13-2012 at 10:09 AM. Reason: Please don't post unapproved website links, per Posting Policy. Thanks.

Old 07-15-2012, 11:58 PM   #2
(female)

Airabella29 HB User
Re: CT scans of chest

Hi, I am new to these boards, and by no means any kind of medical expert, but I did lose my Dad to esophageal cancer, so the topic hits close to home. I do know that esophageal cancer can be upper or lower. Upper is generally caused by smoking and drinking, lower is usually caused by heartburn or GERD. My Dad had it in his lower esophagus but never had any symptoms of heartburn. One day he just couldn't swallow. The Dr. said that the ones who get heartburn are the "lucky ones", meaning they had more time to act. Since you already have Barrett's, if you have the money and the means, I would advise getting checked out. If you are worried it's E.C. I would not wait until you couldn't swallow. I probably have a case of over anxiety on the subject, as I lost someone close to me. Good luck and I hope you're okay.

The following user gives a hug of support to Airabella29:
YippitySkippity (07-16-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-16-2012, 05:44 AM   #3
(male)

YippitySkippity HB User

Thanks so much for your concern. It really helps to know that someone cares. I live alone with no friends that can really help and no family. That actually worries me a lot because if they find something I have no one to help me. I don't even have insurance.

Please pray for me.

Last edited by YippitySkippity; 07-16-2012 at 05:52 AM.

The following user gives a hug of support to YippitySkippity:
Airabella29 (07-16-2012)
Old 07-16-2012, 03:04 PM   #4
(female)

Airabella29 HB User

I do care, and I will pray for you. I'm sorry if I scared you. Chances are you are probably fine, so try not to worry too much. I would advise that you continue to take Prilosec, Zantac, or something of the sort to keep the acids down. I understand about the lack of insurance, I'm in the same boat, with my own plethora of problems. Someone on this board suggested that I call my local Job and Family Services and ask for help on where to go. Or look for a health clinic with a sliding pay scale. I am exploring these options myself. Maybe you should take your concerns to the GERD board as they may have some helpful advice for you too. Just don't panic, do your best to keep the acids down, and take care of yourself. Seek help when you can, and I hope you feel better soon.

Old 07-18-2012, 02:03 PM   #5
(male)

YippitySkippity HB User

Having endoscopy next friday. Scared to death....

Closed Thread