It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Esophageal Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-21-2013, 01:40 AM   #1
(female)

twistedsailor HB User
Getting scoped tomorrow

I've been dealing with acid refux for years, clear back to 1991. At first, I used tums, but that didn't work. So I used Pepcid ac for awhile. It helped a lot at first, but slowly helped less and less. So my dr said to take 2. Again, that improved it, but after awhile, I was getting bad refux with regurgitation and significant chest pain. Sometimes I thought I was having a heart attack with a squeezing pain in the center of my chest around my heart with a stabbing back pain and a fullness choking feeling in my throat. My dr ordered a full work up on my heart with echocardiogram and a treadmill stress test. Everything there checked out normal. They swithed me to Nexium. I've been on it about 2 years, and I'm still dealing with bad heartburn with acid and food regurgitating into my mouth. If I bend over to tie my shoes or scrub out the tub, then I regurgitate acid and vomit in the back of my mouth. I also tend to choke on food and pills, sometimes even choking on water. It feels like I cant get the swallow muscles started. I have to stop and concentrate on getting those muscles moving to initiate a swallow. A couple of weeks ago, I got a capsule stuck in my throat. I drank half a bottle of propel down and couldn't get it to go down. A little while later, I coughed and a puff of powder came out of my throat. I guess the capsule had dissolved or kpened enough the powder unside was released.

I'm having the EGD done tomorrow and I'm a little nervous. I'm nervous about the procedure because I have asthma and sleep apnea and worry about being able to breath. Then I'm worried about results. I am currently under treatment for an ovarian endometrioma. I have a pea sized lump on the left side of my neck that they have dismissed as just a lymphnode. I had a mammogram in December that they immediately called me back in for more images of my left breast because there is apparently a 5 mm nodule there. I pray my esophagus is clear and there are no Barretts cells or worse. Wish me luck :/

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-25-2013, 11:47 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

rudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB User
Re: Getting scoped tomorrow

How did it go? Hope all is ok....let us know

Old 01-29-2013, 07:09 AM   #3
(male)

Voxx976 HB UserVoxx976 HB UserVoxx976 HB UserVoxx976 HB UserVoxx976 HB UserVoxx976 HB User
Re: Getting scoped tomorrow

Let's hear the results, sailor.

Closed Thread