It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Esophageal Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-09-2013, 10:29 PM   #1
(male)

Rich Sr HB User
Esophagus cancer treatment

Hello friends

I'm living in China and have esophagus cancer, I recently did 30 treatments of radiation and on chemotherapy oral medicine, but dealing with a lot of pain in chest and stomach, the Chinese doctors all seem to come up with different opinions and not so trustworthy when they feel your a rich American, I now feel it is best to return home for good treatment, but only have SS to live on, is there any one who is getting help with the same problem and living on SS, that can shed some light on me? One more thing, I don't trust that they truly gave me the full dose of radiation with all 30 treatments, I could feel the difference of each dose.

Thanks

Rich

Old 07-09-2013, 11:17 PM   #2
Inactive
(female)

ladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB User
Re: Esophagus cancer treatment

Rich, I am sorry you are dealing with this and in pain. You may feel more comfortable back in the US where you might know the health care system better and may trust the Drs more. Was your tumor inoperable? Sometimes they radiate it first to shrink it so it is easier to remove. I assume since you are on SS you have Medicare insurance. You should be able to manage with the insurance, especially if you have any supplemental policy to cover the 20% medicare doesn't cover. I live in Denver too, so if you decide to come back, welcome home!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-13-2013, 01:31 AM   #3
(male)

Rich Sr HB User

HI Ladybud

Thanks for the post, I am considering returning to USA, as for my tumor, they said I was at level 4 already, but they never did another CT scan after the treatments to know where I am at now, I have moved to another city now and will be doing a CT on Monday to see what is going on.

Thanks

Rich

Old 07-13-2013, 08:27 AM   #4
Inactive
(female)

ladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB User

Hope the CT scan shows considerable shrinkage. If you come back to Denver, I know a great oncologist, Alice Luknic, but I'm not sure if she does mainly cancer or hematology or both. But I would definitely call her office and ask if you come back here. She is very compassionate, caring, brilliant, and thorough. Just what you need!

Old 07-15-2013, 07:34 PM   #5
(male)

Rich Sr HB User

Hello Ladybud

Well I got good and bad news, the MRI showed shrinkage in the liver, the CT showed bone cancer, I am now going to Manila to see doctors at ST Luke's Hospital and get real information, and treatment program, at least it's an American good hospital and Chinese seem to look at the dollar signs instead of helping, if they knew what they were doing. Being an American they only see dollar signs.

Write you soon.

Old 07-15-2013, 07:41 PM   #6
Inactive
(female)

I'm sorry to hear about the bones, but glad you have found a hospital where you can get good treatment. Do you have any family there with you? I hope your treatment goes well and you get the best of care. It is always tough to be out of the country when dealing with health issues. Please keep in touch!

Old 07-15-2013, 08:11 PM   #7
(male)

Rich Sr HB User

Hello Ladybug

I have no family here but doing good, lost all my family with cancer, and have great faith there will be a good outcome. It will be a few days before I can reply to you again, but I will write. I believe if GOD wants me to live I will and if not that's life.

Richard

Old 07-16-2013, 01:20 AM   #8
Inactive
(female)

No doubt your positive attitude and faith will serve you well. You have a Denverite on your side as well! Comfortable travels to Manila, and we will keep in touch. Others will likely come into conversation, and you'll have some new "pen pals"!

Closed Thread