It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Kidney Message Board

Blood in urine 3+

Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-03-2017, 06:39 AM   #1
Gail84
(female)

Gail84 HB User
Blood in urine 3+

I have a follow up apt in a few weeks but can anyone tell me exactly what this means? After the 3+ it says negative, does that mean neg for bacteria? This was a first time apt which she did a bunch of labs. All other labs were pretty normal except total cholesterol was 224 up from 214 in Feb. I'm not over weight, 49 F. Only issues I'm having is lightheadedness, sore right arm for over a month. Thank you

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-20-2017, 08:44 PM   #2
lady1954
(female)

lady1954 HB Userlady1954 HB User
Re: Blood in urine 3+

First of all, you don't have to be overweight to have high cholesterol. As for the other, my sister has blood in her urine every time she is tested! Dr. has looked for reasons, but every test comes back negative.
It could be a kidney stone or even an infection.
Last year I had microscopic traces of blood in my urine and my urologist decided to check further since I have a renal oncocytoma. But it turned out to be nothing.
I can tell you for a fact that there is usually bleeding and lots of pain for kidney stones!
If I were you, I wouldn't worry too much till you can see the doctor to go over the results.

Reply Reply

« Kidney mass | - »