It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Kidney Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-25-2004, 06:11 AM   #1
(female)

brighterday HB User
Unhappy Kidney cancer

Got the results of husbands biopsy.It is cancer in adrenal gland so he will have his fourth surgery.Please pray for us.Thanks.

Old 06-25-2004, 01:22 PM   #2
(male)

William Y HB User
Re: Kidney cancer

//////////

Last edited by William Y; 07-06-2004 at 08:58 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-28-2004, 01:52 PM   #3
(female)

brighterday HB User

He had his first surgery when found in 2002.It was in his kidney only but on his vena cave which the doctor could just peel it off. Then it metastisized into his lung nine months later,then in his lung again in 3 months. Now it is in his last adrenal gland.It just will not stop. Thank you for your kindness and prayers.

Old 06-28-2004, 02:52 PM   #4
(male)

William Y HB User

//////////

Last edited by William Y; 07-06-2004 at 08:59 PM.

Old 06-29-2004, 07:04 AM   #5
(female)

brighterday HB User

The tumor was about the size of a football.He started being sick and weak.He just got through the day by dragging himself to work and back everyday.A local doctor ran test because he thought that he had kidney stones or a kidney infection because he hurt in his lower back on the right side.Test showed infection but nothing else so he gave him medicine for infection.He was very anemic.One Saturday I took my children bowling and I left him at home very weak.I sat on the steps and promised myself that the next morning I would take him to another doctor.I took him to a doctor in the next town 30 miles away.It was at a walk in emergency clinic.He looked at his blood work that we had ask for a copy at the other doctor's office.He took one look and said that something was not right.He had him have a test the next day on Monday.A CT scan. Tuesday night at 10:00 he got a call at work saying that he had to have surgery quick because he had this cancer. I will never forget that night.He drove all the way home and when he came in I was washing dishes.I knew that he was home early and I stood there and started to cry even before he told me.They did the surgery and took out his right kidney and adrenal gland. The cancer was attached to the vena cave but not inplanted. They just peeled it off. The doctor did not recommend any treatment.He says that there is too many sideffects for a person to go through and it not help very much anyway. We just went to a cancer doctor who says now that it is so aggressive they will try something since it keeps comming back.This cancer is hard to understand how it works. I don't know what is going to happen. MY husband told me his fear of it getting into his brain. He says that this will be his last surgery.He does not want anymore test or scans.After this surgery he will be on meds to try to regulate his adrenal function.They say that if they get in there and it is in his last kidney they will have to remove it.They also tell us that this surgery is dangerous and he could start bleeding and they would have to cut off function of his kidney to save his life because the adrenal gland is attached to the kidney with many ways with many veins.He wants to live life(he really loves life and stays so busy even through this he NEVER stops).I think that he is just tired. He bounced back after every surgery.He has a heart of a lion.He says that he is not brave but he is. He is truly an inspiration to me and our two boys. Thank you for your concern and even more for your prayers. Is cancer in your life?

Old 06-29-2004, 11:00 AM   #6
(male)

William Y HB User

//////////

Last edited by William Y; 07-06-2004 at 09:00 PM.

Old 07-11-2004, 09:42 PM   #7
(female)

buni1 HB User
Mrs

BrighterDay...hang in there ...I only read the first 2 of your posts and my heart went out to you. My dad was diagnosed with renal cell carcenoma 8 years ago and he lived for 5. And through boards like this I know of several who have had the kidney removed and had the cancer metastisize (?) and they are still fighting.
Please dont give up , and most of all dont let him give up.

My prayers are with you

Old 07-15-2004, 10:52 AM   #8
(female)

brighterday HB User

Sorry about your father......My husband just had his surgery and is doing good.I am worried although I try not to. The doctor says that we are running out of places for it to go. We are looking at life happy though. Live and Love like there is no tomorrow. None of us is promised another day but we are promised eternal life if we follow Christ. He said the other day that his life had been very good because he has been loved by me. That I think about and hold to my heart each day and rejoice that I am blessed to be with him each day.Thanks for all your prayers and words of encouragement.

Old 07-15-2004, 02:03 PM   #9

bon746 HB User

My husband was dignosed with kidney cancer 8 years ago. They took out one of his kidneys and we found out in November that it was back and attached to his small intestines. They removed as much of it as they could. But we was told that they are no treatment for this kind of cancer and they will have to watch it and try to catch it when it comes back. They said it is just a matter of time before it will return. But I fill like you that they are only so much they can take out. I'm been dealing with depression. I was wondering do other people feel like I do. But I try to keep my chin up for his sake. I'm sorry to hear about your husband
and fill like I have lost

Old 07-15-2004, 03:05 PM   #10
(female)

buni1 HB User

I am so sorry to hear about your husband...my dad died 2 years ago from RCC and Ive been researching it ever since. If i can be of any help to you please let me know.

Old 07-19-2004, 07:46 AM   #11

bon746 HB User

I am sorry to hear about your dad. My husband goes back to the cancer doctor next week. Our prayers are that the cancer is not growing. Any research you have on this subject would be helpfull. Thanks for your word of kindness.

Old 07-19-2004, 07:51 AM   #12
(female)

buni1 HB User

hi;
All my prayers to you and your husband. if you would like we can talk through e-mail and i can tell you what i know.
Again all my prayers for you both.

Old 07-19-2004, 08:01 AM   #13

bon746 HB User

Thanks for being there. The people that I work with and my family members have never been though this before. It seems like your whole world comes crashing down and you don't know how to stop it. I feel since you have gone through this with your dad you understand.

Old 07-19-2004, 11:48 AM   #14
(female)

brighterday HB User

I have been away because my husband had another surgery.Yes I get depressed too.The waiting and watching is hard.I don't understand this cancer either. All I know is that his doctor told us this time that we were running out of places that it could go. He said that it can go to the brain and my husband asked how will I know that it is there? he said that he would wake up one day and not be able to move an arm or leg and will not be able to speak a word. We are just looking for the blessings on a day to day basis. Sorry to give you something to worry about but all info helps I hope. My heart and prayers with all of you.

Old 07-19-2004, 12:41 PM   #15

bon746 HB User

My heart goes out to you. The waiting and watching is hard. My husband questions are the same how many parts can they take out. It's nice to talk with someone that is having the same feelings as I am. They are times I get scared. Everytime my husband gets sick I think it's the cancer. But we have to be so stong for them and that is what I keep telling myself. My prayers are with you

Closed Thread