It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Kidney Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-30-2006, 02:55 PM   #1
(female)

WendyOKC HB User
Question High Blood Count, Kidney cancer? disease?

Hi all. This is my first post and I'm really hoping I can pick up some good information. My mother (61yrs), who has suffered a mild stroke in the past and still has high blood pressure (controlled), has been kind of sluggish for months now. She recently caught a mild virus that has had her down for at least a month. She doesn't seem to bounce back very well lately. My concern is this, recently she went to her regular doctor who had run a blood test on her. She had a high blood count and he asked her to come back in for another blood test. That one also had a high blood count. When I ask her she does not know if it is platelets or cells or what. So all I know is that she has a high blood count. Now the doctor has ordered an ultrasound of her kidneys and is also sending her to a kidney doctor. My question is what is the relation and should I be worried. Since her stroke she doesn't remember facts and such so I feel like I'm in the dark. I have not had the chance to ask my Dad what the doctor said, and he tries to protect us kids by not telling the whole truth sometimes. So if anyone can give me some different scenarios as to what could be up with her condition, I'd appreciate reading about them here. Thanks guys for your time.

Closed Thread