It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Kidney Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-23-2006, 08:32 PM   #1
(female)

knightgirl825 HB User
Post my father may have kidney cancer

Hello, I am trying to find out some info. and I'm hoping someone out there can help me. A few months ago, they found a large mass in my father's kidneys...my father's a very stubborn man. He refuses to have a biopsy done after the doctor told him of the possible problems he can encounter, my father signed a privacy form to basically keep his wife and entire family in the dark or give any info. about what's wrong with him. After that, the doctor started sending a nurse to visit him in his home, where he would lock my mother out of the room. Now, I found out that my father was hospitalized for the night because he was complaining about shortness of breath...and again forbade the doctor to talk to my mother about his condition. My question is, based on some of the things I described here, can anyone give me an educated guess as to what may be going on with my father? Has anyone ever heard of shortness of breath being a side effect of any form of cancer? Appreciate any info.....thank you.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-23-2006, 08:41 PM   #2
(female)

Tabitha111 HB User
Re: my father may have kidney cancer

I am terribly sorry to hear of your situation. I don't know anything about kidney cancer, but your post caught my eye. My father died of cancer 17 years ago. Best of luck to you and your family.

~ Tabitha

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-24-2006, 11:51 AM   #3
(female)

knightgirl825 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tabitha111
I am terribly sorry to hear of your situation. I don't know anything about kidney cancer, but your post caught my eye. My father died of cancer 17 years ago. Best of luck to you and your family.

~ Tabitha
Thank you Tabitha!

Old 03-24-2006, 02:24 PM   #4
(female)

Mar1 HB User

I'm so sorry to hear that your father may have cancer. I don't think that shortness of breath is caused by kidney cancer. My mother had kidney cancer as well and had one of her kidney's removed, but she never had shortness of breath. To be honest, the only symptom she had was a microscopic trace of blood found in her urine during a regular test (we're talking a trace amount, thank god her Dr. decided to look into it rather than just shrugging it off)

I do find it odd that your father would not want anyone to know. Sounds like there's something more going on. Is there any way you can talk to your father about this? Maybe just approach him in a non-confrontational way and tell him that you're worried about him and would like at least some idea of what's going on. You really should know what's going on for a full family history.

Last edited by Mar1; 03-24-2006 at 03:10 PM.

Closed Thread