It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Kidney Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-30-2006, 11:25 AM   #1
(female)

brighterday HB User
Smile Kidney Cancer

My husband is doing well today. We are looking forward to Christmas and singing in our Church Cantata. A very blessed holiday to all.

Old 11-30-2006, 01:19 PM   #2
(female)

JennColorado HB User
Re: Kidney Cancer

Nice to hear from you!!! I am glad he is doing well! I hope you do enjoy your holidays!!! Take care!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-13-2006, 08:31 AM   #3
(female)

brighterday HB User

My momma took her first treatment for colon cancer yesterday. She did better than what we thought she would. My husband is doing alright and we are so glad to be celebrating this wonderful Christmas. We have a cantata to sing at our church. It is called "Rejoice" and that is exactly what we shall do. My prayers are with each of you. Those who are dealing with this disease and going trough treatments, those who are caretakers to your love ones, and those who have pain from the loss of a love one. I pray that your wrapped in a blanket of warmth and peace.

Old 12-21-2006, 08:04 AM   #4
(female)

brighterday HB User

We went to New Orleans at Tulane Cancer center to check on my husbands cancer in his brain. They are doing an MRI to check to see if the cancer has gotten smaller. His balance is good and other test they gave to check to see if any malfuntion of the brain but they saw none. This was great. He had a test not too long ago that showed no new or increase in cancer in leg and arm etc. I guess the Nexavar is working by the grace of our Savior. HOPE, that is what life is about. I HOPE all of you are doing better today. Thank you for your prayers.

Old 12-21-2006, 09:52 AM   #5
(female)

JennColorado HB User

Brighterday,

Great news, I admire you and your positive attitude dealing with both your mom and your husband. My dad is back from Mexico and gained 6 pounds while he was there, amazing.
I hope we have great results from the medication also, he will be starting that soon.

Have a very blessed holiday season!!

JennColorado

Old 01-05-2007, 06:08 AM   #6
(female)

brighterday HB User

It is good to hear that your father is doing great. He will do fine on his meds. We will continue to pray.
We went to my husbands doctor to check to see if the gamma laser knife was working on his brain lesions. He did all kinds of neurological test. When he was through he sat down and was puzzled as to why he did not have any side effects like imbalance and memory loss. I told him that we were not puzzled. It was God and positive attitude. He is getting a MRI of his head because the doctor can not wait to see what is going on in there. I hope that he is surprised!
Keep up the positive attitude and keep praying. Good things are happening all around us every moment. We just have to have an open heart to see them sometimes.
My mom has good days and bad. The chemo gets her down a few days but we keep encouraging her. We keep telling her she has made it through one more treatment and she can do this. She went out to eat with my sister and her family yesterday. That was good for her to get out.
Have a good day all and may 2007 be better for all.

Old 01-30-2007, 11:17 AM   #7
(female)

JennColorado HB User

Brighterday,

I haven't seen any new posts from you lately, wanted to let you know you have been in my thoughts, hopefully no new is good news and things are going well for you, your mom, and your husband!!! Let us know. Thanks!

Jennifer

Old 01-31-2007, 09:06 AM   #8
(female)

NAGATHA HB User

Brighterday

Hey this is Nancy and I'm w/ Jennifer R U doing OK? how is mom and spouce husband let us know I read your last post and it was so positive it made me feel better thank you
friends
Nancy

Old 02-19-2007, 09:27 AM   #9
(female)

brighterday HB User

Hello to everyone. My husband is doing great. He just got over a severe sinus infection but came through better than what we though he could. He is a trooper! We have a piece of land and are making plans to build a small house. Something that he has dreamed of for a long time. He is looking forward to Turkey hunting comming up. He will go with his limp, nexavar and all!! He really is a wonderful Turkey hunter. I am glad he enjoys this and looks forward to doing his hobbies still.February 7, 2007 he reached his 5 years! I laughed because we celebrated and he said "stastistics can't run my life!"It was funny.

My mom has had 4 treatments of the 12 she has to take. She has good days and bad. She fell at night and broke her wrist and had 3 pins placed in it but it did not hold so she has to have a plate put in soon. She is another trooper.
Her blood count is low and is taking iron which makes her sick but she tries to do what she is suppose to do.

Please continue to pray for them both. My heart is filled with each of you and your love one. This is not an easy race to win but we are all winners!

Old 02-26-2007, 10:19 AM   #10
(female)

brighterday HB User

My husband had his scan. There has been a small spot on his one and only kidney that we have been watching. It has now grown some. They are searching as to how to treat this spot and not to do damage to the kidney. They are thinking about cryotheraphy, which is a freeze it type treament. They are placing him on Sutent rather than Nexavar. I do not know why unless it is because he can not take the full dose of Nexavar. Maybe the Sutent is more powerful and will help more in less dosage than the Nexavar in a low dosage. I do not know, but I am not worried about the medicine right now.
I am to have back surgery soon. I have one collasped disk and two bulging disk. Very painful. I told the doctor I have to work and I need help soon to be able to help my husband. So they are hurrying up the date for surgery. I will be so thankful to get up and go through the day without pain.
Thanks for the prayers and concern.

Old 04-14-2007, 12:27 PM   #11
(female)

brighterday HB User

Hello,
Been a long time. Had alot going on. My mom has 4 more treatments for her colon cancer. She has been sick but doing better I hope. I feel so pulled at times because I have to work and can not be there for my mom as much as I need to be. She is so strong.
My husband has been off of Nexavar for a while. Just to update: He has had one kidney removed, 2 lung surgeries,adrenal glands removed,hip bone fixed,arm fixed and gammaknife radiation for two brain lesions. He has lived longer than the expected 5 years. His anniversary was December 2007 for the cancer and February for the first surgery.
We are going to see how the treatment did for his brain lesions this month. In the meantime he had a CT scan and it showed that a spot they have been watching on his one kidney has grown slightly and he will be going to a nearby town to see a Doctor about freezing the spot to stop the cells from growing.
He is still doing good. He went Turkey hunting and killed two turkeys. His friends would check on him and come pick him up if he was far from his truck so he would not have to walk so far. He limps on his leg that was fixed by putting a steel rod to hold up against the cancer. We use to wonder how much longer. We still do at times but everytime he defies statistics we just take a deep breath and continue to try to enjoy each day. He is so positive I am absolutely in awe of his strength. I love him more than words can say and I am so thankful that I was blessed to be with him. Thanks for all of the prayers. I am a firm believer that prayer is all that we have sometimes. All have a blessed day.

Last edited by brighterday; 04-14-2007 at 12:49 PM.

Old 04-17-2007, 12:29 AM   #12
(female)

muska01 HB User

hello Brighterday
I know how you feel, i too must watch as my husband suffers from his renal cancer, he has had his right kidney removed, two brain tumors removed, one tumor on each lung, his left adrenal gland has a tumor and now he has a growth on his L2 verterbrae and the only treatment he has had is radiation to each lung and radiation after the tumors were removed from his brain. Through all this he has kept a positive attitude and he will reach his five year in September 2007. So brighterday keep strong and treasure all that is real.
Arohanui (Farewell and love)
Riana

Old 04-20-2007, 07:22 PM   #13
(female)

brighterday HB User

Thank you for the kind words of encouragement. My heart goes out to you for watching your husband be sick. All we can do is take this journey one step at a time one day at a time and enjoy every day. This world takes so much for granted. I try not to (it is hard) not to get caught up in the what ifs? and try to focus on the is nows, if that make sense.I know you do too.
Thank goodness we have this site and friendship.

Old 04-21-2007, 03:28 PM   #14
(female)

muska01 HB User

Hello Brighterday
I use to think that i was the only person going through this trumatic experience alone but since i have found this site as well as another site called alt.cancersupporters i realise that we are one of many. Michael will be having radiation treatments in two weeks for his spine. And yes we also wonder is this it but no Mike pulls through and we continue to live our lifes as normality allows us to do. So Brighterday we have one thing going for us and that is the love and faith we have in each other that no other couples have because of what we are going through.
May the Angles watch over you two
Riana

Old 04-21-2007, 06:08 PM   #15
(female)

brighterday HB User

Hello Muska01,
You are such an inspiration.God bless you an Michael your husband. I admire both of your strength. You both will be in mine and Keith's prayers. We were just sitting here talking about you both and this site and how I had been here since 2004 and how it has helped me to have a place to go too where people understand the fears as well as the hope we strive to hold onto. Yes it is so nice to have friends here.
Keith and I took a ride this afternoon in our jeep to a sandbar on the river. It was a time to get away from the cancer and be just us. No looks of sympathy, no questions, no cancer for just awhile. We had a great time and as we sat on a log looking at the beauty, we see if God took the time to create so much beauty to enjoy, then certainly we his greatest creation are certainly loved and cared for by him.
Have a great day!

Closed Thread