It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Kidney Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-28-2007, 05:45 AM   #1
(female)

lilsis1071 HB User
Kidney Cancer

Hi there,

Jackie, How are you. Dad was wondering the other day if I have heard from you. Must be hs is thinking about you and hubby too.

Hows Hubby doing? Hope all is well and this finds him in no pain today.
Thinking about you and the family.

Wendy

Dad goes to the Doc tomorrow. We will find out what is going on then I guess.

All of you that are reading this I have continued from the other post "Kidney Cancer" with Brighterday.

Have a great day.
Prayers and thoughts with all!

Old 10-29-2007, 03:52 AM   #2
(female)

me1957 HB User
Question Re: Kidney Cancer

May I ask is there someone in your family that has kidney cancer. This is my first time in doing anything like this.
Thanks Me:

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-29-2007, 05:21 AM   #3
(female)

lilsis1071 HB User
Re: Kidney Cancer

Me,
Yes my father (62) has RCC. He was diagnosed in 2005. He had his right kidney removed with no further treatment until 7/2006.

He then was told his cancer had spread to his lungs with having a lung biopsy.
He started with Sutent 50mg for about 3 months and then had side effects. He then was on and off the med for about 3 months in which he then started 25mg of sutent. He has been on that for about 6 months now. 28 days on and 14 off. He has not had any side effects as of yet that are not manageable.

He now has been told after ct-scan and pet-scan that the cancer has spread again to his pubic bone area, hip and ribs. Then he has lymph nodes that are showing something. We find out frrom the doctor today whats going on with this. Also his thyroid is very small. ???????

Is there someone in your family also? If you have any other questions, ask away.. I will try and answer the ones I can. Otherwise I can pray that things go well for you. This was my first board too and I have found that it helps to talk to others.

Wendy

Old 10-29-2007, 04:27 PM   #4
(female)

me1957 HB User

Yes my husband . He has RCC.and it has spreadto the the L4 vertebrae area on his spine. He is only 52.
I am a CNA for hospice and I know what I am looking at but I am scared and just want to talk to someone who is going through the same as I.
Thank you.
I am in a ship and it is sinking BUT the floaters are here and we are staying afloat right at this moment.
His RCC was in his left knidney about 8 inches in diameter and they removed that kindey 3 weeks ago.He is doing radiation right now and when it comes back the dr. will start chemo .
I hope we can chat often,if you don't mind.
Mary

Old 10-29-2007, 04:32 PM   #5
(female)

me1957 HB User

Yes my husband . He has RCC.and it has spreadto the the L4 vertebrae area on his spine. He is only 52.
I am a CNA for hospice and I know what I am looking at but I am scared and just want to talk to someone who is going through the same as I.
Thank you.
I am in a ship and it is sinking BUT the floaters are here and we are staying afloat right at this moment.
His RCC was in his left knidney about 8 inches in diameter and they removed that kindey 3 weeks ago.He is doing radiation right now and when it comes back the dr. will start chemo .
I hope we can chat often,if you don't mind.
Mary

Last edited by me1957; 10-30-2007 at 02:29 AM. Reason: sent to many

Old 10-30-2007, 05:25 AM   #6
(female)

lilsis1071 HB User

Good Morning Mary,

I am so sorry to hear about your husband. I hope you know that we are here for each other. I know its very hard for you as you have been on the other side of the fence so to speak. (Hospice CNA) Thats a job that takes a strong person. SO i know just by that, that you will get through this. And well if you need my support I will do the best I can.

Did your husband have the surgery where he was cut open or the laperscopic one? Sorry about spelling. lol
My father had it the laperscopic way and our mail man had the open one. The mail man hasnt had any recurrence since he had his out. Not sure if it matters really.

I dont mind if we chat often as it helps me too. Especially right now. with winter coming and my parents down south. I tend to go stir crazy sometimes.

Thanks, Best wishes and prayers to your hubby and you.
Wendy

Old 10-30-2007, 02:44 PM   #7
(female)

me1957 HB User

He was cut open exactly 3 weeks ago today. He is doing ok . He has lost 20 pounds since that day.
I know that being on the other end should help but at times it doesn't. I am scared and worried ,but life does go on.
I would love to be able to talk alot with you, I feel that would greatly help both of us.
Don't worry about mistakes I know I have already sent the first message 3 times by accident. I am learning this also.
My best and prayers to you and yours. Mary

Old 10-31-2007, 05:16 AM   #8
(female)

lilsis1071 HB User

Mary,
I am glad to hear that Hubby is doing good. It will take some time to heal.
I know that our mail man still has some pain in the area where the kidney was and he had his out in 10/05 I do believe. It wasnt long after my father had his out.
I just want to say how much we all appreciated the job you do. I know its got to be real hard. Keep up the good work!!
It seems like theres always an obsitacle to get through, but we do.
Please think and stay strong no matter as it does seem to help.
I know that we can not post personal e-mail addys and such. I wish there was a way to get you mine then it might be easier to communicate.
I hope this finds you and hubby a good day.
Whats your hubbys name ? I wont have to refer to him as "hubby" and that way he can be prayed for by name also.
I know that sometimes its good to be able to have a friend to talk to and I will be that friend. As I know I sure need one!
Have a great day,
Wendy

Old 10-31-2007, 01:54 PM   #9
(female)

me1957 HB User

His name is Stanley and thanks. Today is not a good one for me but thanks for saying thank you about my job I do so love what I do.We will keep talking.
Mary

Old 11-01-2007, 04:35 AM   #10
(female)

lilsis1071 HB User

Mary and Stanley,

Thoughts and prayers your way. (((((((HUGS))))))) too. Hope you are having a better day!!
I have been in a few bad ones my self lately. I just think that what good is it doing for me and my family. I too must try and stay strong. I really miss my parents being that they are in FL now. I talk to them daily however its not the same as seeing them and making sure all is well.
My father to me has been sounding a little different. I dont know if hes not feeling well or if his voice just sounds different from being so far away on a terrible phone.
Thinking of you,
Wendy

Old 11-02-2007, 02:40 AM   #11
(female)

me1957 HB User
Smile Re: Kidney Cancer

Today is a new day and I hope a new attitude for me.
Nothing happen to put me that way it just was, I hope that makes sense to you.
How are you doing?
Did you all find out the latest results from the dr. yet about your dad?
I have been running into people who have lost a loved one with RCC. I know it is the Lord sending these people my way. Sometimes to hear their stories saddens me but I know it can empower me.
Take care and have a good week-end. We always need to keep our eyes toward the heavens.
Mary

Old 11-02-2007, 09:46 AM   #12
(female)

lilsis1071 HB User

Mary,

I hope you are doing well today! How's Stanley doing? I hope he's well today too.
The attitude thing. I totally understand. I have those days myself. You get self obsorbed in thoughts and it seems to take over. It puts you down. However we have to look at ever day ahead is another day together with those you care for. So you have to make the most of it day by day.

I have not really found out the true result of my fathers test as we will have to wait and see how things go with him taking a higher dose of his meds. The doc will wait a few months and have another scan to see how that is working for him. I keep my fingers crossed that he can take the higher dose and handle the side effects of it. I also hope that it helps too.

You also have a great weekend. Our son is coming home this weekend from college and I am so looking forward to it. I havent seen him in a bit either.

A/F
Wendy

Old 11-03-2007, 10:39 AM   #13
(female)

me1957 HB User
Smile Re: Kidney Cancer

I am better today. He felt better last night so we went out to dinner. That was our date night , we always went out Friday night to dinner and then I sing karaoke and we go somewhere that I could sing. I don't sound the best but it is something I like to do.
Today is another day I am so grateful that I have with him and I do cherish these moments.
It is so sad to think we wait till something like this to come along before our eyes truely see..
Thank you for being a friend and a e-mail buddy.
Enjoy your son this week-end.Our youngest came by to help us with a few things today and our oldest may come down to see us tomorrow. The sun is shining and we still have our love ones here with us. Amen.
Mary

Old 11-03-2007, 04:15 PM   #14
(female)

lilsis1071 HB User

Mary,
So glad to hear you are doing better today. Also that hubby is feeling better.
I am doing okay today too. I really miss having my parents closer to me. Although I know they enjoy going south for the winter. I wish I could myself. I have three sons and well two are still home. So we have to go through the normal school schedule. Some day there will be time for me and my hubby to have a "date night".
Have a good evening and chat with you again soon.
By the way I want to thank you too for being here as a friend. Some days theres nothing to look forward to other than coming back to see if you have a response back.

A/F
Wendy

Old 11-05-2007, 02:16 PM   #15
(female)

me1957 HB User

Today was another work day for me and I can tell it. I am so tired.
As for Stanley the radiation has really made him sick to day with vomiting and nausea ever since 11o am. He is really counting down the next 2 days and then it will be over for now.
Our 2 boys are 32 and 28. We have 7 grandbabies. We will be married 33 years in Feb. We started dating in 9th grade and have been together ever since.
He had aknot come up on his hand and we were really worried but the radiation nurse feels it is ok. She told him to keep an eye on it but she thinks he hit it on something even though he says he didn't. It is awful to live in fear of every little knot or pain he gets BUT this is now our life.
Take care.
Love Mary

Closed Thread