It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Kidney Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-27-2008, 06:28 AM   #1
(female)

female23456 HB User
Kidney Cancer

Hi,

I'm not sure if I am in the right place or not, but I couldn't find anywhere else to ask this. My husband has been experiences some problems with his kidneys and urine in the last few months. He went to the doctor a few months ago and they found microscopic blood in his urine and also a urinary track infection. It went away but a few days ago he started exhibiting the same symptoms plus some more. His back has been bothering him and he is tired all the time. They have also found microscopic blood again in his urine. I know it could be kidney stones, but I am concerned that it could be renal cell cancer. His grandmother died of this a few years ago with renal cell carcinoma. He's only 28 years old so I keep telling myself he's too young for that. Do you think his chances of renal cell cancer are great enough to warrant concern?

Last edited by female23456; 01-27-2008 at 06:30 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-27-2008, 09:06 AM   #2
(female)

lilsis1071 HB User
Re: Kidney Cancer

Hi
I just would like to ask has the doctor done any other testing? Like blood work, sonogram to look for stones? I would think because this keeps reoccuring that he would have other test to see of there is any other issues. Also does his doctor know that his grandmother had renal cell? If he feels theres more to it to push for more test. Also if a sono should show something I would think the next test would be a ct scan. Best of luck to you and please let us know what you find out. We are here to lean on if need be.

Lilsis (My father, with Renal Cell)

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-13-2008, 04:07 PM   #3
(female)

me1957 HB User

Wendy
Sorry it has taken me a while to get back to you. I somehow got kicked off this board and had an awful time getting back on track.
Stan has been on the Sutent now for 9 days and has had minor nausea. It is 50mg tabs. I think I also told you it is now back on his spine. Now it is a waiting game for us to see what the next ct scans show and that won't be till spring.
We are just moving on. He still looks fantastic, nobody can believe he has cancer by looking at him but as I say looks can be decieving.
Keep in touch and I will try also. Mary

Old 02-13-2008, 04:24 PM   #4
(female)

me1957 HB User

Hi
My husband has Renal Cell Carcinoma and we just found out Sept, 30th. He is Stage 4 and had no prior symptons till about 4 weeks before we found out. He is only 53.
I will say age doesn't matter because I work for hospice and see and take care of many people from ages of 5 years to 100 years old so far.
I would definitly pursue this issue with your husband BECAUSE you will want to rule out anything that is possible and it is already in his family.
Like lilsis said has there been any test...CT scans MRI'S bone scans blood work. There is alot of test that can be done to see what is going on and the sooner they are started the sooner you will know what journey you may be on.
I will say a prayer it is only another tract infection or still stones or could it possibly be Diverticolosis?
My brother-in-law had that and they kept saying it was stones and he never did have a stone.
I have had stones 4 different times , the first time was awful , the second they had to bust them up and the last 2 times I pass them on my own.
Please keep us informed, we do care and we all here to help one another.

Mary

Old 02-14-2008, 06:30 AM   #5
(female)

lilsis1071 HB User

Mary,
My thoughts are with you. I wanted to say that when dad first took his sutent and had his first scan it was about three months later and he had a huge difference in the areas of the cancer. (smaller) I hope hubby has the same effect. Let me know if he has any other side effects, maybe I can suggest something. Best of luck on the sutent.
In my prayers,
Wendy :@)

Closed Thread