It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Kidney Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-27-2008, 11:10 AM   #16
(female)

babysister66 HB User
Re: Kidney Cancer Warriors

Hi Wendy and everybody,
Congrats on your parents anniversary. Sounds like the news thing was cool. I still have no news on my kidney, they just scheduled more tests with contrast. I did get back from my cytoscopy today and they found suspicious areas so are sending samples in for cytology. I hate t his hurry up and wait routine with the Doc's. Anyway, other than that doing good here. Hope all is well with everyone else. Have a good day.
Mary

Old 03-27-2008, 08:23 PM   #17
(female)

eblguim HB User

Just an update on my husband...
He started today with high dose (80 gr) of vitamin C infusion and his pain level dropped dramatically. He will continue with this kind of treatment to give him quality of life and maybe slow down the cancer.
I will keep you all informed.
Ellen

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-29-2008, 12:26 PM   #18
(female)

me1957 HB User

Ellen
What is the Vit.C infusion ? It sounds like something we may be interesting in later for Stanley. He is starting to have the same side effects that make him want to quit all treatments all together. So let me know.
Mary,
I know what you mean about waiting because it seems that is all we do is wait for the ball to drop for the next bad news.
Just know that we all always thinking of one another and praying for one another.
This is such an awful disease that we all are dealing with and we all are living one day at a time.
I am worring about Stan because he is eating good but is losing small amounts of weight and I know what cancer can do with the body.
Just keep us informed, ok??
Love to all Mary Jean

Old 04-01-2008, 05:17 AM   #19
(female)

lilsis1071 HB User

HAPPY APRIL LADIES,

Spring is coming one of these days. I hope everyone is having a great day.
With the weather getting better we al should get out and enjoy some sunshine. It will make you feel better.

I hope everyone is doing well. I know I will be doing better in a few weeks when DAD and mom get back and I can see for myself how he is doing.
However it means work on my part but its work well worth it. Time spent helping them get camp ready is time well spent.

Other than that I have had some things going on myself that is of some concern. I have been having blood in my stools and well now awaiting a visit to a gastro doctor. Yikes that means a scope I'm sure. Lets hope its really nothing major. I am tring not to let my mind wonder to much. Thats all I need.

Jackie where are you I am really getting concerned about you and Keith. I hope everything turned out okay with you and you are just reall busy with the family. Will be waiting to hear from you again hopefully soon.

Babysitter, I hope you are some what closer to finding out what is going on with you. Will wait to hear from you on that too.

Mary Jean, Is Stan having alot of really loose stool because of the sutent. That could be why he is losing a little weight. Keep him eating though. Is he still working? Maybe its because hes getting more exercise too. Hope all is well there with you guys too.

Ellen, How is the Vit. C working out for hubby? Things still going well I hope.

I wish every one a better day.

A/F Wendy

Old 04-01-2008, 07:21 AM   #20
(female)

eblguim HB User

HI,

High doses of Vitamin C infusions is where they give you IV fluids mixed with a LOT of vitamin C (the doctor is giving him 80 gr, where a regular high dose pill is either 0.5 or 1 gr). You would probably have to find a natural doctor or the doctor I mentioned (on the old thread) in Fairfax, Va probably does that too.
Linus Pauling won a Nobel Prize on research about vit C and I know some people believe that it alone can cure cancer in high doses.
We are just hoping that it will keep my husband from increasing the dose of oxycodone that he needs to take because that constipates him. Yesterday he had the second infusion and will have 3 more this week. Probably 4 next week and then we see. It is too early to say if the effect is long lasting. The pain he has on his ribs and hip/groin is very intense and the constipation just makes it worse. It is a catch 22 - more oxycodone, less pain, more constipation, more pain.
I will keep you all posted on the progress.
Ellen

Old 04-06-2008, 01:10 PM   #21
(female)

lilsis1071 HB User

Hi Ladies,

Been awhile for all. Just want to say hello. Has every one got some half way decent weather ? Its been nice this weekend. I have over done though. Oh well got to get back into the swing of things.Summer is my favorite time of year. Especially here in NY.

Dad and Mom will be returning in a few short weeks. YIPPY. I know it will mean some work though. Dad has been feeling pretty good lately and is looking forward to coming back home. Although he really likes his doctor there. I have made him an appt. with a new doctor so we wil lsee how things go. The doctor there states he is STABLE !! Awesome news.

We all have to face this like we are NOT dieing from cancer but living with cancer for as long as possible. Best wishes to all.

A/F Wendy

Old 04-10-2008, 04:31 PM   #22
(female)

me1957 HB User

Wel ladies
The news here has been rough.Stan's one older brother has had heart problems and now it seems he is finally getting better, then his oldest brother is in the hospital in Chicago not doing the best , he got liver disease and diabites and really having a bad time.
My dad went to the emergency room yesterday with possible annerysem. He does have an annerysem but it is small so they have admitted him into the hospital for further test to see what may have happen. He had an episode where he couldn't tell by sister what was wrong, he was studdering and short of breath and he just kept saying he didn't feel good but couldn't tell her why.
Then on top of all this Stan's side effects are back , the bledding is back and the burning but both are worse this time. We talked alot today off and on and I know he wants to quit the chemo pills and he doesn't want to quit but I had called his dr. today and she told him to stop taking them. He goes on the 23rd of this month for his CT scans and we find out on the 25th what the scans show.
I am thinking of everyone and wondering how all is going so keep me informed and pray and I will pray for you all also.
Yes the weather is wonderful. 80 degrees today. I came home and after supper mowed.
Mary

Old 04-12-2008, 02:43 PM   #23
(female)

lilsis1071 HB User

Mary,

Sorry to hear all the things going on there. I send you wishes for all to feel well soon. I know how tired you may be. I hope you are getting your rest too.

All others,

Heres that all is well with you too. I myself have been having some stomach issues and well still tring to get to the bottom of them. I hope it will be soon.

Dad and mom will be heading back soon. So I will be real busy with in the next couple weeks. Dad has an appt with a new doctor .So in between mine and his it will seem like alot. I will post again when I can.

Just want to let you all know I am thinking about you as always. Please know that.

Wendy

Last edited by lilsis1071; 04-12-2008 at 02:45 PM.

Old 04-20-2008, 12:11 PM   #24
(female)

me1957 HB User

To all,
Stan is finally starting to feel better after being off the chemo pills for 11 days. He is starting to go out more , laugh more , and eat better. Amen to all this. The chemo is just not worth this.
He goes have Ct scans of his brain, chest, and abdomen on Wed. morning and then we find out the results on Friday.
I hope this note finds all doing as good as can be expected.
Where is every body at??? Busy becasue of the pretty weather we have been having?
Right now it is raining here and we are suppose to have rain tomorrow with possible flooding.
Take care and love and prayers to all. Mary Jean

Old 04-24-2008, 01:02 PM   #25
(female)

lilsis1071 HB User

Mary Jean ,

How are you and Stan ? How are things going now that he is off the meds?
Let us know how his test turns out tomorrow.

Mom and Dad started there journey home this morning!! YIPPY I can not wait to see them. It wont be until Sunday though. Dad goes for his first appt with the new doctor on Wednesday the 30th. I can not wait to see how that goes. It will be a long afternoon as we have to travel a couple hours to get there.

How is every one else doing? There hasnt been much activity here lately. Hope as is well with everyone.
Thoughts are with you all.
A/F Wendy

Old 04-26-2008, 06:49 AM   #26
(female)

me1957 HB User

Wendy,
The chemo never helped Stanley. The ares on his liver are slightly bigger and the are on the spine is still there. There will be no more treatments or test and he is being refered to Hospice. The dr. stated he has 2 months to maybe 1 to 2 years. There is just no way to tell how fast this will go.I am a mess and so is he.
I am sooooooooo glad you are getting to see your dad, treasure every minute.
Love to all... Mary Jean

Old 04-26-2008, 09:24 AM   #27
(female)

eblguim HB User

Hi Mary Jean,

I am sorry to hear about your husband.
My husband is also under hospice care and it is so sad and hard to deal with.
He is still taking the vitamin C infusions and I see that he feels better on the days he has them. He has refused to go as much as the doctor wanted him to and I'm upset about that but I have to respect his decisions.
I would encourage you to find a MD that does some alternative treatments and have your husband try the vitamin C. If you search that you can see that there was success with renal cell carcinoma. I wrote the information on that doctor in Fairfax, VA on the other thread but if you need that info I will find out again.

I hope you will find some peace, one day at the time.

Ellen

Old 04-26-2008, 02:42 PM   #28
(female)

me1957 HB User

Ellen
Thank you so much.
Stanley doesn't want any other treatments and I respect that BUT it isn't easy.
I work for hospice so I do understand what it is all about, but in this sityation it is almost worse because I do know too much. I am a CNA with hospice. I have been for now 3 1/2 years.
Stanley is doing so good now but I also know that can change in a blink of an ey .Mary Jean

Old 04-27-2008, 06:16 AM   #29
(female)

lilsis1071 HB User

Mary

I just want to let you know I am thinking about you and Stan at this time. I know that it is extremely hard to decide what to do. However I am with you and Stan with the decision to do whats best for him at this time. I am sorry things havent worked for him as far as the treatments. It has to be so frustrating.

All I can say is you will be in my thoughts more and my hopes that things continue to go well. I will see my father today for the first time in 6 months and I know I am going to hug him like theres no tomorrow. I have missed them both extremely and when I chat with all of you it makes it even more difficult. I just wish there was more out there to help those with this disease.

I have also been real worried about Jackie and Keith as its been a very long time since her last post. I hope all is well with them. I think about you all often and it has been a great pleasure chatting with you all. I hope to continue that. I will be here when you need I just wish there was more I could do. Ellen, I hope all is well with you and Hubby too.

A/F Wendy

Old 05-07-2008, 05:38 PM   #30
(female)

babysister66 HB User

Hey all. Its been a while since I said Hi. I am still without solid answers, but closer anyways. Having to go the charity care route nothing is done quickly. They found suspicious areas in my bladder now also, and sent stuff to cytology testing. Had the CT with contrast for my left kidney, and found three areas that reacted with the dye, plus numerous kidney stones. So, see the Urologist again next week. Guess I'll go from there. Strength and health to everyone out there. Remember, every day is a blessing, thats why it's called the present. xoxo. Mary

Closed Thread