It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Kidney Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-11-2008, 04:02 PM   #31
(female)

me1957 HB User
Re: Kidney Cancer Warriors

Hi everyone. Hope this finds all in good spirits and health.
As of last Tuesday Stanley is now officially a hospice patient.
He is feeling good and still working so I can't really ask for anything more.
I will try to keep everyone informed as time goes on but just don't know how often.
Mary I wish you God's peace and health. Please let us know what you find when you can tell us.
Wendy I hope you are enjoying your parents being here with you right now

Ellen how is your hubby doing? I hope he is feeling good.
And to everyone God Bless
Love Mary Jean

Old 05-12-2008, 09:12 AM   #32
(female)

lilsis1071 HB User

Mary Jean

I really am lost for words. I just want to tell you that you are always in my thoughts. Please let Stan know the same. I hope for you both that things continue on the good side for as long as possible.

Yes it is nice having mom and dad back. However since they headed to camp I dont see them as often. I have NO car. It really gets to me too. Not sure if I had one I could afford the gas to get there either! Its a real crazy world these days.

To all the rest of the warriors I hope all is well. Posting on this board has been slowly getting non existing. I know life is busy and well its hard sometimes mentally to bring ourselves here. Just remember we are all here for support and strength. So when need be I will be here!!

Prayers and thoughts to all.

Your friend Wendy

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-12-2008, 01:03 PM   #33
(female)

eblguim HB User

Hi Mary Jean,
Thank you for asking about my husband. He is doing ok but occasionally we have a hard time with pain control. He is taking quite a lot of narcotics and that makes him sleepy, but he is still here and I'm happy about that. The hospice nurse just left and said she does not think he is near death, but I know that can change without warning.
It is very hard to watch him deteriorate slowly. I try to keep my mind busy with what I can do to help him feel more comfortable, but I've been breaking down sometimes. This is the hardest thing in my life.

Old 05-19-2008, 03:22 PM   #34
(female)

me1957 HB User
Smile Re: Kidney Cancer Warriors

Hi to all
We are doing ok. No major problems except being way to busy so staying tired. I also know a part of that is from depression.
Hope everyone is doing as good as can be expected.
I pop in every once in a while to hear new news and there is hardly a peep out of anyone, so........ to all God Bless and I am thinking of all!!!!! Mary Jean

Old 05-19-2008, 04:05 PM   #35
(female)

lilsis1071 HB User

Hello all,

Update on Dad. He went and met with yet another doctor today. Trying to find one he likes as his doctor before just wasnt looking at it as trying to live with cancer it was more like your dying with cancer. Not the type of doctor to keep you pushing on.

Anyway all is well and dad really liked this new doctor. He states from his last ct-scan and bone scan on 5/5/08 all is stable!!
We do however have to keep an eye on the bone mets in the pubic bone and in the right femur. In which the femur area is somewhat new this year. Its not to bad as of yet and as long as it is not causing him pain all is well.

Dad is to continue with the 37.5 sutent as it seems to be holding it for now. When it should show progression then there are other medications to try. Until then continue as he has been. He will get another scan in three months ct and bone.

Hope alll is well with you all and my thoughts and prayers are with you all.

A/F Wendy

Old 06-02-2008, 05:35 AM   #36
(female)

lilsis1071 HB User

Good Day Ladies,

I hope this finds you all doing well and hubbys too. I just wanted to let you all know as always you all are in my thoughts.

Please let me know how everyone is doing. Miss our posts here. Seems to have slowed right down.

Anyways...thoughts and prayers to all.

A/F Wendy

Old 06-06-2008, 08:35 AM   #37
(female)

eblguim HB User

Just a quick note to let you know that my husband is entering the final stage to transition.
I wish you all better luck than I'm having and that your loved ones won't endure the suffering my husband has gone through.

Old 06-07-2008, 06:05 AM   #38
(female)

lilsis1071 HB User

Ellen,

I hope this finds you knowing that we are here for you. Thoughts and prayers as always. Please know that we are with you.

A/F Wendy

Last edited by lilsis1071; 06-07-2008 at 06:05 AM.

Old 06-12-2008, 08:05 AM   #39
(female)

eblguim HB User

My beloved husband died last Tuesday during the night.

Thank you so much for all the support I received in this board and I wish you all better luck to your loved ones.

Ellen

Old 06-12-2008, 12:59 PM   #40
(female)

babysister66 HB User

Ellen, My heart is with you at this most difficult time. I wish you all the strength and support that your friends and family can provide. With deepest sympathy, Mary

Old 06-15-2008, 01:44 PM   #41
(female)

me1957 HB User

Ellen
I just entered this board today and read the news. NO WORDS can bring you the comfort you so desire so I will just say I am sorry. My thoughts are with you. Mary Jean

Old 06-15-2008, 01:54 PM   #42
(female)

me1957 HB User

To all my friends
Things here are starting to change. Stanley is staying very very tired and starting to stay nauseated. He is taking med's for this and at times it does help.
He is now talking about going on disability and for him thta is a MAJOR , MAJOR change. We went to church today and when we got home he was soooo very tired. The boys and their families came for father's day but before they left Stanley was in the chair asleep. He spends 90% of his time in his
recliner.
I do see subtle decline and by working for hospice I see more than maybe a non-hospice person would.
My heart is breaking into tiny peices and the tears come so much more and easier now. I am soooo scared but I try to be strong for him. He worries so much about me and how I will be once he is gone so I try not to break down so much in front of him but as we all know that is not easy.
I will pop in some and try to keep everyone informed.
Untill then,,,,,,,, Mary Jean

Old 06-15-2008, 03:39 PM   #43
(female)

lilsis1071 HB User

Ellen,

I am sooo sorry !!! My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. I can not believe how this year has been so far for the warriors I know. I wish you peace and with hopes with time you will heal. Please know we will continue to be here for you.

Please let us know how you are doing.

A/F Wendy

Last edited by lilsis1071; 06-15-2008 at 03:39 PM.

Old 06-15-2008, 03:42 PM   #44
(female)

lilsis1071 HB User

Mary Jean,

I hope this finds you doing okay. I am sorry to hear that Stanley has not been feeling well. This is very hard on you and the family I am sure. Please know my thoughts and prayers are with you and Stan too. I will continue to think about you all here. Please let us know when you can how things are going.

A/F Wendy

Old 06-16-2008, 04:19 PM   #45
(female)

eblguim HB User

Thank you all for your kind words. I feel so sad and I miss him so much, but I'm relieved he is not suffering anymore.

Mary Jean, I'm so sorry your husband is not feeling well. I know how you feel and the dread that creeps up and makes us so scared. One of the last times my husband spoke to me he said for me not to be afraid and that he was ok. I try to keep these words with me now.

I hope you will find strenght to help him and that his journey won't be too difficult.

I will be away from the boards for a while to keep my mind clear of this disease. I am so tired from the last 2 months.

Closed Thread