It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Kidney Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-13-2008, 10:39 AM   #1
(female)

lilsis1071 HB User
Wink Kidney Cancer Warriors

Hello all ,

I hope this finds everyone doing well. I know we are warriors as we continue to battle this disease, and or support the ones battling this disease. With hopes that the fight can be fought. So with that said heres to the fight and what a fight its going to be. Keep smiling and have a great day.

Talk to you all soon,
Wendy

The Following User Says Thank You to lilsis1071 For This Useful Post:
I will fight it (06-07-2012)
Old 03-13-2008, 02:23 PM   #2
(female)

babysister66 HB User
Re: Kidney Cancer Warriors

Hey Wendy, thanks for the upbeat message. I'm still awaiting the "official" diagnosis here, but was informed to be prepared because thats most likely what it is. I am trying not to be afraid everyday, but sometimes its so hard. You all sound so brave on here, I feel like a baby feeling like I do. Thanks to everybody for sharing stories and experiences on here. It makes me feel not quite so alone. Hugs to all. Mary

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-13-2008, 03:58 PM   #3
(female)

lilsis1071 HB User

Mary, (babysitter) ( We have two Mary's)

When will you know anything? What test have you had done?
Listen no matter I want you to know we are here for you. If you have any questions and or fears you need to express please do. We love the good stories too. I know it is very difficult to wait for a call or the next appt. I hate that the most. But dont drive your self crazy thinking nothing but the worst as I think that gets you more. Especially when you do go for the next appt or the phone call and all is well. Its really not worth putting yourself through that much stress. Believe me been there done that. So now I try and think nothing can bring you to doing that unless you have a reason. So save the stress til its needed as it will not make you feel any better doing it before.
I hope all goes well for you. Keep us posted and we will pray for you.
Okay !!!
Have a good evening!
A/F Wendy

P>S You dont sound like a baby, your a warrior!!!

Old 03-15-2008, 08:26 AM   #4
(female)

me1957 HB User

Well now everybody can refer to me as Mary Jean, That way we will know who is being spoken to.
Stan is feeling real goood. The dr. has given him another week off from the chemo pills to give his hemmoroids time to heal. Then the Monday after Easter he will start again. He is willing to give them another month to see how it works. I want him to keep on taking them and I did finally tell him BUT I also told him it is his final decision and I will stand beside him with whatever decision he makes.
Mary, as for us sounding so strong, words written make us sound that way but speaking for myself I sure as heck don't feel that way alot of times.Everybody keeps telling me how strong I am and maybe I am or maybe it is because I don't always break down and it is also I try to be strong so Stanley doesn't breakdown. To see him cry tears me up in some ways because that is so unlike him but in other ways it is a blessing to see him like that because it really shows not only me but all our love ones and friends just how he feels and that we are vulnerable and that we do need each other in our lives when most of the time we try to act as if we need no one!
Alos I try to stay a little on the strong side because Stan has already told me he is not afraid to die but his BIGGEST fear is leaving me and me being able to go on and back it.
I keep reassuring him I will fall apart But I also know at some point I will need to pick myself up shake myself off and get back into life. Really that is all any of us can do when we are all faced with this awful disease whether it be for ourselves or for our loved ones.
Fear will seize you at times and you will think you just can't face another second but then that second will pass and you made it through and then another and then another and soon it will be 5 minutes then 30 minutes then half a day and then a whole day and so fortth. We all will make it some way or another and need to remember not only are we WARRIORS but we are SURVIVORS and SISTERS and BROTHERS if there or any guys here together for one another. Not only in our words here nut in our hearts and minds and spirits!!!!!!!!! Mary Jean

Old 03-15-2008, 03:03 PM   #5
(female)

babysister66 HB User

What a love you two must share, such a gift to treasure. Sounds like you will always make the right decisions for each other. Thank you for the kind words. I must say, I think it is "easier" to go through something like this yourself than watch someone you love go through it. I watched my mom and dad both go with cancer, and I would have gladly swapped places.Anyway enough of that. We had a beautiful sunshiney day here, and I am going to go enjoy the tail end of it. Hugs, Mary

Old 03-16-2008, 01:10 PM   #6
(female)

lilsis1071 HB User

Hello Ladies,

I hope this finds everyone doing good. I know things are tough on all your shoulders right now,I just want you all to know I am here to listen.
It seems coming here gives you some relief even if its for a short time.

Mary Jean, I think you are doing great. I know its hrad when all you want is to help Stan. I can not understand why the doctors think it wont help him being on a lower dose. As I see it something is better than nothing. If the 50 is hard for him to handle then either they can break it up by two weeks on and a week off and then two weeks on again. Or if things are really that bad then he can take the 37.5mg like the regular schedule. Listen my father was told the same thing. But after he was on the lowest dose of 12.5 for about 5 months that did show it was not helping him. So he is now on the 25 and the 12.5 which is 37.5mg and has been for 5 months and it is holding him stable. I think stable is better than giving up !!!! I would not let the doctor tell him can not at least try the lower dose if the 50mg is just to much for him.
Why is the doctor saying that unless he isnt telling you every thing. I would be finding out. (I dont want to make your mind wander though.

We will continue to all stay strong as long as we can. However like Mary J said though there are times that things are just not easy any more and we seem to break for a short period. Well thats all ok too. Everyones entitled to those days too. Keep as many positive thoughts going as possible. Please excuse my thoughts above to Mary J. I do not mean for them to come out negative its just very frustrating at times. Seems like your hands are tied and theres nothing you can do. Please let me know how things are going.

A/F Wendy Prayers to all

Old 03-17-2008, 02:48 PM   #7
(female)

me1957 HB User

Ellen ,
Please let all of know as soon as you are able to even if it is bad news.
Also know that no matter what the news is we will be here for you.
Wendy ,
Thank you for what you said. I was kind of upset because the dr. wouldn't lower the dosage but as long as he is willing to try another month I will wait to see how he does and if he has bad side effects well then I guess the dr. and I will have a good long talk.
All my warrior friends I probably won't be on here much for this week , sometimes I am to tired to get on the computer but keep on writing and I will look in from time to time. Mary

Last edited by moderator2; 03-17-2008 at 02:51 PM.

Old 03-18-2008, 04:13 PM   #8
(female)

lilsis1071 HB User

Hi Girls,

All is well here. I hope it is for all of you. Just wanted to say hello and that I am thinking about you all.

Best wishes for those awaiting results from test. I will continue to pray for you all.

A/F Wendy

Old 03-19-2008, 04:27 PM   #9
(female)

me1957 HB User

All is well here for now also.
Ellen
Still waiting to hear how things have gone.
Everyone of you are always in my thoughts and prayers.
Mary Jean

Old 03-22-2008, 03:56 PM   #10
(female)

me1957 HB User

Haven't heard from anybody so I am just wondering how everyone is?
I am fighting a cold right now so I am pretty miserable. Just hope and pray Stan doesn't get this.
Hope everyone has a wonderful and BLESSED Easter.
Mary Jean

Old 03-22-2008, 08:56 PM   #11
(female)

eblguim HB User

The results of the ct scan did not show any change.... The tumors in the lungs did not grow but did not shrink either and my husband has decided to stop all treatments. Besides the money he needed to travel and stay with relatives and he feels that he doesn't want to do that anymore.
It is really a pity because he was doing very well with the treatments in every respect. But then there was a gap of 5 weeks when he had to miss 3 treatments because of burocracy and I think that made things turn to the worse.
I am still hopeful that he might change his mind, but I know that the window of opportunity does not stay open indefinetly...

I wish you all good luck. I'm not sure I will be coming to the boards very often anymore.

Old 03-23-2008, 06:07 AM   #12
(female)

babysister66 HB User

My thoughts and prayers are with you all. I still have 4 more days to go in for more tests,but whose counting. Just have latest copy of CT scan,unenhanced, which leaves me with more questions. Words like hyperdense, and calcified, and needs follow up. So, I hope for the best and prepare for the worst. Take care everyone. Mary

Old 03-24-2008, 05:20 AM   #13
(female)

lilsis1071 HB User

Good Morning Ladies,

I just want to say HELLO to all and with hopes this puts a smile on your face. Pick up that chin and give a grin as you all so very well deserve. Life is life and as we can not chnge it doesnt mean we have to live it the way this disease would like us too. So please everyone give a smile and think of a really happy time and remember how good you felt then.

I know we all have times when it seems everything is going wrong, however we have to be positive and things will turn back around.

Hope everyone is doing well and all are in my thoughts and prayers.
Miss you all.

A/F Wendy

P.S Jackie where are you? How are you?

Old 03-24-2008, 04:18 PM   #14
(female)

me1957 HB User

Hey girls.
It sure sounds like we all are having a very rough time. Yestaerday we did have some moments but we got through them.
I agree with you Wendy that we do need to grin more and try to not let life and this awful disease get us down.
I tell my patients and their families this all the time. Now I need to practice what I have preached but when it is your own loved one it is harder.
We all need to keep on living and loving each and every day not matter what is put in front of us in our lives.
None of knows why we were picked for this to come into lives Maybe when we are standing before God we can asked and we will get an anwserd but till then we will keep going. They say that the Lord gives us no more than what we can handle and evidently God knows each and every one of us can handle this.
I just keep telling mtself that all I can do is put one foot in front of the other.
Mary. I do hope you find out something soon. The wait is so hard on one's mind and their loved ones mind.
Ellen, I understand what you are saying because Stan is trying one more month of the chemo pills then I don't know what will happen.
I do hope you do check in once in a while becasue we ALL need someone in our lives and sometimes it is better not to know the person you 're talking to and can't see , this way we can really be who we are!!!
Jackie, I am like Wendy Why are you and are you ok????
Take care evryone one and know you all are in my heart and my mind.
Love Mary Jean

Old 03-26-2008, 12:56 PM   #15
(female)

lilsis1071 HB User

Hi Ladies,

Just stoppin in to see whats going on. Mom and Dad's anniversary is today and I got it so the news that they watch in the morning showed their picture and gave them a anniversary wish. They got it and recorded it. This weekends paper in Fl will also have an announcement. I could not do much of anything seeing so I am here and they are there. Wish I was there though. We will throw them a party later this summer when the weather is better and everything is settled. Just a month away and they will return. YIPPY

Hope everyone is doing good. There hasnt been much going on here lately huh? I am still wondering how Jackie and Keith are doing.
Its been awhile since she posted.

Best wishs for a good day.
Wendy

Closed Thread