It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Kidney Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-11-2008, 03:19 PM   #16
(female)

lilsis1071 HB User
Re: Kidney Cancer Warriors WL

Ellen,

Thank you for the wishes for a good run with nexavar.

Thinking of all. A friend Wendy

Old 08-28-2008, 04:48 AM   #17
(female)

me1957 HB User

Hello everyone,
Just checking in to see how things are going for everybody.
I am ok. Miss my Stanley more than words can say BUT I know he is in heaven and without that my life would be horrible.
I plan to go back to work at hospice full time on Sept. 15th. I may go back the week before for 2 days , just haven't made up my mind on the 2 days just yet.
There hasn't been anything on this board for so long , we CAN'T let this board end completely because there are so many out there that need us and so many more to come sad enough to say.
Waiting to hear from all. , Mary Jean

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-28-2008, 02:44 PM   #18
(female)

lilsis1071 HB User

Mary Jean...... and Ladies...,

SSOOOOO glad to hear from you. I have had my thoughts with you. I know there has not been much posted here in some time, I know I have waited until you and Ellen were ready again. I feel that the time was needed for the warriors that are no longer with us.

However I am so glad that you want to continue to be support for those that are still fighting this battle. You are a true support.
Thank you for that.

Update on my father. He started his new medication on Tuesday. So far things are okay. I think he is waiting to see what his sides are going to be. This is the time of year they get ready to think about going south for the winter. Not sure if and when that will happen.

I am having a family/friend gathering this weekend and he is looking forward to it. Its a "JUST BECAUSE " party. As I know he enjoys them. Hope the weather holds off. I am extremely tired lately as I have not been sleeping well. I have thought about all of this to much I think. I just pray all the time for "time" I am sure you did as well.

Thanks for listening and if we need to start a new post please any one jump in. As always thoughts and prayers to all.

A Friend Wendy

Old 08-29-2008, 03:42 AM   #19
(female)

me1957 HB User

Wendy and all our CANCER WARRIORS ,
My Stanley IS in heaven and there is no more I can do for him, it is more like what he can do for me now that he is my guardian angel. I no longer have him as in the physical sense BUT I still have him emotionally and spirtially.
It hurts real bad at times but it IS better than what the cancer would have eventually done to him. I KNOW because I work with it sooooo much.
And as for coming back every so often we all are still friends and still fighting the same disease. I am still fighting for all those that have it and are yet to get it because I never know when or if it will knock on my door again, I PRAY not but reality is it probably will.
So take comfort that I am still here with you and everyone else, just maybe not as often but when I do come here I will write and ask and look to see how all is doing.
GOD BLESS!!!!!!!!!!! Mary Jean

Old 08-29-2008, 06:35 AM   #20
(female)

Beckwith2K HB User

Hello,
I was recently diagnosed with a "suspious" mass on my left kidney. I need more tests, etc. I read your message about Steve Dunn. I did a search & came up with nothing. Any info greatly appreciated!
I suspect cancer.
Becky

Old 08-29-2008, 04:28 PM   #21
(female)

eblguim HB User

Hi everyone,

I'm hanging in there... So bad days, some horrible days, and some good days are starting to show up. I miss him so much it is hard to believe that he is really gone. I hope you are all ok, as much as possible.

Regarding Steve Dunn, I don't know why you did not come up with stuff. He beat stage 4 kidney cancer and there should be a way of reading his story and finding all the leads about studies and different drugs. I just did a search on Steve Dunn and kidney cancer and a lot of different pages came up.

I don't know where you are, but if I were you I would look into insuline potentiated treatments. It did not work for my husband, but I personally know 2 people that went into remission after having stage 4.
Good luck to you.

Old 08-29-2008, 04:31 PM   #22
(female)

eblguim HB User

There is a great doctor in Long Island that does insuline potentiated treatments and he beat stage 4 lung cancer with this treatment.

Old 08-29-2008, 07:10 PM   #23
(female)

me1957 HB User

Becky
Hang in there. This may be a long journey you are about to take, I pray for a differnt route for you. Mary Jean

Old 08-30-2008, 06:46 AM   #24
(female)

eblguim HB User

I also forgot to mention that my husband lived for 12 years after having his kidney and tumor removed. His tumor was 8 cm by 6 cm, pretty big.
He did the Hulda Clark program - parasite cleansing, no chemicals in the house, etc - and the wheatgrass/raw foods for 3 years. It was not strict but he was pretty much good with it.

Any more information, please ask.

Old 09-01-2008, 12:49 PM   #25
(female)

lilsis1071 HB User

To all the warriors.... Happy Day to all.

Just wanted to say hello and see that all are ok. Hello Becky.. please let us know what you find out. We are hear to listen if you need to chat. There are some here that have been to the end with this disease and some still fighting. No matter we are here together. I pray for all. I wish everyone a day of happiness and no worries. Have to have those every so often. Enjoy!!

Til the next visit all are in my thoughts and prayers.

A Friend Wendy ..

Old 09-01-2008, 09:30 PM   #26
(female)

Twiddles HB User

Hello to all the Warriors!

First, let me say to Mary Jean that I have kept you in my prayers and hope things are getting a little easier for you. May God pour His love over you and comfort you during this devastating time.

I almost feel guilty for sharing a little good news now when so many of the Warriors are going through so much hardship. Just a little refresher for you...my husband Dave was diagnosed with stage IV RCC on June 27, 2008. Large tumor in left kidney, 10.5 x 10 cm, smaller tumor in right kidney, metastases to both adrenal glands, over 30 nodules in lungs, and also mets to thoracic lymph nodes. He was deemed inoperable at the time of diagnosis due to his extensive metastases and also his weakened condition. He started on Torisel 25 mg and has had a total of 7 doses so far. He goes for dose #8 tomorrow.

Well, I have some good news!! Last Monday Dave had a CT scan which was compared with the first one, to see how well the Torisel is working (or not working). The scan showed that ALL the tumors, yes, ALL OF THEM, have reduced in size by at least 20 to 30%. Wow!!! That's GREAT!! We are so excited. Our oncologist did tell us that these drugs usually have good response in the beginning but seem to stop working fairly quickly, so we know that things could change at any moment, but for now we're celebrating this victory and hoping the good effects from the Torisel continue. Dave has had some pretty nasty side effects. The worst have been horrible mouth sores. At times he can't eat anything solid and has to take liquids only. He's just now getting over a spell of nearly 2 weeks without solid food. But two days ago the sores went away, and now he's eating everything in sight. He says the mouth sores are a small price to pay if the Torisel is shrinking the tumors. The doctor says if the next CT scan shows more shrinkage then Dave can have his kidney removed. That's what we're hoping for.

When Dave was initially diagnosed we decided to make a goal and strive for it. We enjoy camping, so we reserved our favorite campsite at our favorite campground for the last 2 weeks of September, and that goal is going to be realized! Two months ago we didn't even know if Dave would still be alive in September, but here we are, and Dave is doing pretty well. He does get tired easily, and he needs to get plenty of rest and also keep his nutritional intake up, but he's doing better than the doctor expected.

Thanks to everyone for all your care, concern, compassion, and kindness. And mostly for your prayers. They really work!

Nancy

Old 09-02-2008, 06:11 AM   #27
(female)

eblguim HB User

These are great news! And miracles do happen - my husband was proof of it (even though he did recently, he lived 10 years beyond the prediction)!

May you have many more camping trips!

Old 09-04-2008, 08:46 AM   #28
(female)

me1957 HB User

To ALL
DON'T ever be sorry to share good news because we ALL need to hear the good with the bad.
I amhaving very bad times right now b ecause it really has hit thta Stanley is not coming home to me BUT I will go home to him one day.
I enjoy reading the good news and I won't lie and say to myself why couldn't that had been Stan and I BUT GOD had other plans and we never know what they are till they are alid at our feet.
Whenever a good moment can be grabbed then by GOD GRAB it take alot of pectures and or video tape it because they are things you will want to hold close. Mary Jean

Old 09-11-2008, 08:25 AM   #29
(female)

lilsis1071 HB User

Hello everyone,

I hope this finds you all well. I know time is passing each day and we are not here as often. However I would like everyone to know all are in my thoughts.

My father started his new meds about three weeks ago. He is not feeling as well as he would like. I know we will not know if the meds are working for another month or longer. I pray he can tolerate this med and it is working.
I hate this time of year as it is stressful for him and my mother. Not knowing whats "gonna happen" and what to do. They usually go south for the winter and when it gets to be time to decide whether to go or not because of "cancer" I believe is very frustrating on all. As we dont know !! I can not imagion whats in his mind. I am doing the best I can to support any decisions that he makes.

I am thinking about all and prayers are with everyone.

A Friend Wendy

Old 09-11-2008, 08:30 PM   #30
(female)

Twiddles HB User

Wendy, you and your family are in my thoughts and prayers. Please keep us posted on how your father is doing. What medicine is he on? I hope it works well for him with minimal side effects. It is so difficult watching those we love have to go through such uncertain and difficult times. They are lucky to have such a loving and supportive daughter. I'm sure you are a big help to them. Hang in there,
Love,
Nancy

Closed Thread