It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Kidney Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-04-2009, 06:32 PM   #61
(female)

Twiddles HB User
Re: Kidney Cancer Warriors Part Two

Hi Jackie, thanks for your concern and for caring about us! Your suggestions are very helpful, especially the idea of having an ice chest near his recliner so he can just reach in and get goodies whenever he wants. We were already doing something similar with a "goodie box" that had snacks in it, but the ice cooler idea is better because I could even put his Ensure shakes in there so he could grab a "cold one." Haha!! Really, he's not totally incapacitated. He can get up and walk to the fridge or pop a TV dinner in the microwave, but at that time he just felt so lousy he didn't do it. He promises me this will not happen again! I do have some neighbors who are going to check on him when I'm at work.

You're so right, Jackie...It is so hard to walk out that door and go to a job I really don't even like all that much and leave Dave home alone. So hard. But you're also right in that, no matter what ugly turns life has taken for us, we do still have to pay the bills.

Dave has done better lately, but today he feels lousy. He just started his 5th round of Sutent yesterday, and today he just feels achy and has a headache. But that's still good considering this time last week he was lying in the ICU.

Thanks so much for caring, and hello to everyone else: Wendy, Mary Jean, and all of you, I keep you all in my thoughts and prayers daily!

Jackie, how are YOU doing?

Nancy

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-05-2009, 04:43 AM   #62
(female)

lilsis1071 HB User
Re: Kidney Cancer Warriors Part Two

Good Morning Ladies,

I am sorry I havent been here to say hello. That doesnt mean I am not thinking about you. As I dod very often, I pray for you all too. I think its time to start another thread so I will Kidney Cancer Warriors Part Three. OK

I am sure you all will be there soon.

Jackie, I hope you are doing okay. Dad says hello back.. He is doing well. Hes been on nexavar now for some time. Only two pills a day. Suppose to be four. Any way he had a scan last week and we will find out on the 14th how things are going. Keeping fingers crossed.

Nancy, I hope you getting rest. How's Dave ?

Well I will see you on the new thread. Have a good day or weekend.

A Friend Wendy

Closed Thread