It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Kidney Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-26-2009, 06:36 AM   #1
(female)

lilsis1071 HB User
Smile Kidney Cancer Warriors Part Three

Hello to all the friends here,

I will be looking for you all again soon. Until then thoughts and prayers are with you.

A Friend Wendy

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-30-2009, 12:52 PM   #2
(female)

brighterday HB User
Re: Kidney Cancer Warriors Part Three

Hey Friends!

Keith had a brain scan and there is no more lesions but he does have adema of the brain which is swelling. They are going to check Monday to see why. He takes the steroids for the adrenal removal and the Torisel chemo. Wonder if thats the cause. He has had depression and has had mood swings like being ok, then depressed badly or irrate with the simplist thing. I think it is the chemo because he has never done this before.
OH Yeah! The last lesions in head have scarred from the gamma knife also!

Hope all is fine. If you have time go read where it says his "wife died" post. My heart broke for him and his children who are as young as 10. He needs lots of support.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-02-2009, 06:45 AM   #3
(female)

lilsis1071 HB User

Hello Jackie,

Hope all is good today. My thoughts are with you and Keith. As always. There seems to be something all the time that keeps us on our toes. I can not understand why. Anyway I hope you are doing good.

I wonder how Nancy is as her last post she was having a real hard time. Nancy please know we are thinking about you. Let us know how you and hubby are.

A Friend Wendy

Old 02-12-2009, 08:46 AM   #4
(female)

brighterday HB User

I was wondering how everyone is doing. Nancy how are things? Wendy I know your parents are in Florida. I hope they are enjoying the trip.
Keith's creatin was down to 1.0 instead of 1.4 so he hopes that something is doing good. The Torisel makes him so tired and sick for two days after. It makes his head hurt and dizzy spells. He said again last night that when they scan in one month if it hasn't helped alot he will stop taking it because it is not worth being sick. He is still positive but if this medicine is going to onlt give time as in 6 more months he wants those months to be free of this sick feeling.

I hope I hear from all of you.

Old 02-13-2009, 06:24 AM   #5
(female)

lilsis1071 HB User

Hi Jackie,

I am so sorry that Keith is feeling so terrible with the medication. I do however understand what he means with the sick feelings. Its really a rock and a hard place. I have been thinking alot about you guys and wondering how you were all doing.

Hi Nancy,

I hope all is well with you and hubby, we havent heard from you here in a bit. I see that things seem to be going somewhat okay for hubby. Please let us know how things are.

All the others that stop and read this hope all is okay with you too.

My thoughts and prayers to all !!

Mom and Dad will be returning in three weeks. That is if they will get on the plane. Seems scary for them now. We had a few nicer days and now we have a little snow again. I dont want to rush time , but welcome spring sooner than later.

A/F/A Wendy

Old 03-02-2009, 06:21 AM   #6
(female)

lilsis1071 HB User

Good Morning Ladies,

I hope this finds all doing well. Its been some time since anyone has posted. I worry when this happens. I am here to listen for anyone one going through a hard time right now. I hope thats not the case. My thoughts and prayers are here for you all.

Mom and Dad return this week and I am so looking forward to it. I hope they have a good trip back. Dad goes in a few weeks for a check-up scan and then later this month for results. I hope all turns out okay.

Looking for you all soon,
A Friend Wendy

Old 03-20-2009, 04:41 PM   #7
(female)

brighterday HB User

I am like you Wendy I get worried. I hope your Dad and Mom had a great time and I pray that his scan turns out good news. I am glad they got to go afterall!
Keith has two new spots in his lung. He just went this week to have three new lesions gammaknifed in his brain. He was on the Torisel. It did not do anything to the spots he already had but they did not grow either. So take that as you can. We just don't know. What we didn't understand is that the Torisel doesn't do much in preventing the lesions to reappear in the brain. We don't know if he will continue the chemo. We are trying to find out if the lung spots can be gammaknifed which they said it is possible. If true then we may opt for that and not do the chemo.
I wonder how Nancy and her husband are doing? They as well as all of you have been on my mind.
Check you later! Jackie

Old 03-24-2009, 02:37 PM   #8
(female)

lilsis1071 HB User

Hello friend....

I have thought of you often. I get worried and dont know what to say when I do post.. Anyway Dad and Mom did enjoy their time in FL. Just wasnt long enough for them I think. It was 7 weeks rather than almost six months as they were use to.

I am sorry to hear about Keith and my prayers are with you always .
I hope they can do as you seek for more gammaknife on the lungs. I will continue to pray for all to work out.

I will let you know how dad turns out at the doctors when we go for the scan results. Thats on Monday the 30th.

A Friend always,
Wendy

P>S Nancy, How are You?

Last edited by lilsis1071; 03-24-2009 at 02:39 PM.

Old 03-24-2009, 07:15 PM   #9
(female)

me1957 HB User

Stopping in to say hello and to let all know I still think of everyone. I am doing ok, as usual good and bad days. Still cry even like it was just yesterday,
My prayers are with all who are going through this journey with cancer.
Love to all... Mary Jean

Old 04-02-2009, 01:29 PM   #10
(female)

lilsis1071 HB User

Hello Ladies,

Jackie & Mary glad to hear from you both.

Dad had his latest scans and all is still holding stable !! No spread and or decrease just holding. Although the reports do show some other things that we havent seen before. This is mostly because someone different has read and wrote the report. So he will continue on the nexavar and go for more scans in about 4 months. Unless he has issues. He has lost about 26lbs since starting the nexavar. I hope he doesnt continue to lose weight now that he has increased the dose.

I will keep you posted. I think of you all often. Prayers are always with you.

A Friend Wendy

P>S Next month I will be a Grandmom. (Its a boy)

Old 05-10-2009, 09:47 AM   #11
(female)

lilsis1071 HB User

Happy Mothers Day to all the caregivers and cancer patients. Wifes and Mothers !! Everyone needs some time for them. Enjoy the day.

Thoughts and Prayers to all.

A Friend Wendy

Closed Thread