It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Kidney Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-15-2010, 11:37 AM   #1
(female)

smo4142 HB User
Unhappy Mass found in left kidney..scared!

Hello All. I am new to this board..but am glad I found it. I don't know if what I have is cancer..but I am scared to death. I have always had problems with chronic UTI's, kidney stones, and Interstitial cystitis. I have had a uti for this entire year, which antibiotics have been ineffective and blood always in the urine. This time I have been more sick feeling than usual..pain in my right kidney, pain in my right pelvic, loss of appetite, pain in stomach, and general all over fatigue.

I had a CT done last week, which I just found out showed a 1.5 -2 cent. mass. The doctors said they can not tell for sure if its solid or liquid, so I go for a ultrasound next week.
Just to hear the word mass turned my insides to jelly. I held it together pretty well until I walked out of the doctor's office..I am so scared. I am praying that since it is so small it is nothing..but what if it is. Shouldn't they have been able to tell by the CT whether it was solid or liquid. I feel sick to my stomach from worry right now. Thanks to all of you.

Old 11-15-2010, 06:56 PM   #2
(male)

William Y HB User
Re: Mass found in left kidney..scared!

Hi SMO4142,

Sorry to hear that you might have a 1.5 - 2 cm mass in your left kidney. Please find out if it is solid or liquid. I had a solid mass in my left kidney and it was growing every
year till it became 7 cm in size. I had the surgery last month to take it out and it was
cancerous and confined in the kidney.

B Rgds - William Y

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-18-2010, 06:32 AM   #3
(female)

sadiebabie HB User

Hi smo4142

I'm sorry to hear that you are going through this. My father had an ultrasound done in the ER when he had trouble urinating and had blood in the urine and the ultrasound picked up the tumor right away. I believe his was over 5cm in size.. Of course they couldn't 'say' it was cancer, But they suggested he see a Urologist ASAP and he did. He had stage IV kidney cancer and they removed his entire kidney because it was 'contained' to just the kidney. If it is cancer, just remember that there are different stages and treatments.. Are you being seen by a Urologist? And what else are they planning to do? Best of luck to you.

@ William Y - What stage Kidney Cancer did you have?

Old 11-18-2010, 10:51 AM   #4
(male)

William Y HB User

My was stage I (Within 7 cm limit) and grade 2 tumor which was still contained in the kidney. No spread was seen and no treatment was made. Just need to scan the body in every six months afterwards for five years.

Closed Thread