It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Kidney Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-25-2010, 08:25 PM   #1
(male)

erfan HB User
Ultrasound tech's reaction

What would cause a ultrasound tech to stop a renal scan and call in psomeone else to confirm what she is seeing? Earlier this year I had a staghorn formation blasted and an ultrasound 3 months ago showed some remnants of the stone.

But what would make a veteran tech apparently call for the big gun? It hurt when they pushed on my side?

Old 01-06-2011, 11:56 AM   #2
(female)

sadiebabie HB User
Re: Ultrasound tech's reaction

Hi,

Did you find out what was going on?

My father was in the E.R. a couple of years ago in regards to his kidney and they saw a large tumor via ultrasound and 'suggested he see a urologist ASAP' .. the tech didn't come right out and say it's cancer. But my parents knew it was...

I hope all is well with you.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-06-2011, 04:00 PM   #3
Inactive
(female)

writeleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB User

It is impossible to know, there could be many reasons. I would not drive myself crazy trying to guess what the reason is.

Have you had the official reading explained to you by your doctor yet? If not, please be patient and keep your mind off it until you do.

Medical machinery is constantly being updated, new technology, and new software are always being introduced on the job, so there are always questions that often do not have to do with the actual test itself.

Old 01-10-2011, 12:57 PM   #4
(female)

cardshark HB Usercardshark HB User

I agree with writeleft. Don't drive yourself crazy stressing and worrying about something that could really be nothing. Tech's call in supervisors all the time for different reasons and a lot of the time it has nothing to do with what they see it is a complication with the equipment itself. You just need to try to stay calm and be patient and don't play the hand until it is dealt to you.
Best of luck!
cardshark

Closed Thread