It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Kidney Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-30-2011, 02:38 PM   #16
(female)

Nisky18 HB UserNisky18 HB User
Re: Renal Cell Carcinoma

I retired in Sept 2010 so don't work out of the house. I'm slowly able to do things like dishes and laundry but can't really stand to long. Walking feels good up to a point and I'm always sleeping. My body is definitely telling me it neds to heal. But no pain..just a nagging side ache. I see the doctor for folow up on AUGUST 8 & have lots of questions. I'm grateful for the gift of life and friends.

Old 07-30-2011, 04:33 PM   #17
(female)

MrsMary HB User

Your positive outlook encourages me. I am a pretty active individual and really have a hard time being "down." I tend to be obsessive about things that need to be done -- pacing myself will be difficult. I appreciate your insight.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-30-2011, 06:02 PM   #18
(male)

sag24fan HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nisky18 View Post
I'm sending good wishes and healing thoughts. At 44 you're fairly young so keep healthy post surgery. You're lucky to have lots of family help. I don't. My brother died in '07 and my 87 yr old mom is sick and lives 200 miles away. My two teenaged children are..well..teens. they helped a little but my friends have been remarkable, cooking and shopping for me. Hang in there and focus on good things with healing.
Thank you and I hope your mother gets better soon. I am a bit over weight and I'm diabetic so I don't know that's gonna play out with my healing time, but I know with the family support I do have I will be back on my feet in time.

Old 07-30-2011, 06:13 PM   #19
(female)

Nisky18 HB UserNisky18 HB User

I'm also diabetic but when I was diagnosed in 2007 I took off 80 lbs and controlled the diabetes thru diet and exercise. I've kept 70 of the lbs off so insulin needed. Its not too late to adopt a healthier lifestyle. Keep god thoughts and be grateful for family. I'm sending good wishes and healing thoughts.

The Following User Says Thank You to Nisky18 For This Useful Post:
sag24fan (07-30-2011)
Old 08-21-2011, 01:33 PM   #20
(female)

MrsMary HB User

Hello again! My surgery was done on 8-9-11 and I am at home recovering. My news is that in spite of the dire predictions, my tumor was large but benign. I hope that you have had your surgery and that the news is the same. Recovery is slow. I am tired much of the time; not in great pain. The greatest amount of discomfort is from the large incision. I am starting to move around the house more -- very slowly though. I am thinking of you.

Old 08-21-2011, 03:16 PM   #21
(male)

sag24fan HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsMary View Post
Hello again! My surgery was done on 8-9-11 and I am at home recovering. My news is that in spite of the dire predictions, my tumor was large but benign. I hope that you have had your surgery and that the news is the same. Recovery is slow. I am tired much of the time; not in great pain. The greatest amount of discomfort is from the large incision. I am starting to move around the house more -- very slowly though. I am thinking of you.

I'm glad everything turned out so well for you. my surgery was done on the 16th. everything went as planned so we thought. I was sent home feeling great on that Friday and back in the er @ 9pm same day. I devolved phnumona in both lungs. The left lung had actually collapsed a bit. I don't know when I'm going home. Things are looking up however.

The following user gives a hug of support to sag24fan:
MrsMary (08-22-2011)
Old 08-22-2011, 05:07 AM   #22
(female)

MrsMary HB User

I am glad you got through the surgery ok. Very sad to hear about the pneumonia -- I hope it is under control soon. I have been feeling pretty good; but not so much today. I have a feeling we both will have good days and bad days -- but we WILL beat this thing. Keep me posted.

Old 09-02-2011, 07:43 PM   #23
(male)

sameasyou HB User

Hi Sag24fan- I just had a 11cm tumor on my right kidney removed; it was renal cell. I had the surgrey on 7-29-11 and walked out of the hospital on 7-30-11, not even 24hrs later. I had a true "open surgrey" and the Dr, left a relatively small cut on my right side. I can tell you that there is more to this story; and I will pray for you to have peace, i do not know your beliefs but know that I was healed; the lord can work wonders. I am 34 years old, father of 3, i know how you feel.

Old 12-23-2011, 05:33 AM   #24
(female)

MrsMary HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by sag24fan View Post
I'm glad everything turned out so well for you. my surgery was done on the 16th. everything went as planned so we thought. I was sent home feeling great on that Friday and back in the er @ 9pm same day. I devolved phnumona in both lungs. The left lung had actually collapsed a bit. I don't know when I'm going home. Things are looking up however.
Haven't heard from you in a very long time. I hope things are much better for you now. I thought I was over the cancer scare; but found out yesterday that I have cancer of the stomach. No details yet but should know more next week.

Have a nice holiday!

Old 02-08-2012, 05:43 AM   #25
(female)

MrsMary HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsMary View Post
My surgery is on the 9th. Guess we will find out at the same time. I, too, am ready for it to come out. The Dr. told me on May 10th that they chances of mine being cancer are 50 - 75%. Talk about stress! Please keep me posted on your progress. I will be thinking of you. We WILL get through this.
It has been several months; the good news is that I got through the surgery ok. It turned out to be benign. The bad news is that I have been diagnosed with stomach cancer; have had one chemo treatment. So far, so good. After a couple more treatments, I will have surgery. They are planning on taking out the entire stomach; then more chemo. The prognosis is pretty good; but no one really wants to get me a guess as to what the recovery rate is. I am still thinking of you. I hope you are well; I KNOW we can't beat the odds.

Old 03-20-2012, 01:04 PM   #26
(female)

shelly53 HB User

Hello, Im new here, 2 years ago my brother-in-law had a cancerous tumor on his kidney... they removed the kidney...7 months later it went to the spine they did surgery on that as well then 8 months after he had the wipple surgery as the cancer spread again..now its on his lungs they told my sister he has up to 4 months to live as its a fast moving cancer..yes he has had chemo and radiation thru all this.. he lost over 100 pounds this last 2 years..he was a big guy..now just very very thin.. this is the thing...he will not quick his job... goes to work with pain patches on... makes it thru most days... comes home jumps in bed puts another pain patch on , heating pad and sleeps.. eats very little if at all..the dr says let him go...if he feels he can work let him... Im just puzzled at how someone who has such little time to live can continue to work a full time job..is this normal...? Im scared everyday it will hit him all at once like a ton of bricks..is this how the end of someones life is? the dr has no longer run test on him.. but he still takes 4 chemo pills a day...im just lost...one day he is in pain the next he feels great..I dont know what to think anymore...my sister says oh i think he is getting better...im so lost and dont know what to make of this..he has a top notch dr.. oh and he also has cancer in the nodes in the neck..can someone help me understand..

The following user gives a hug of support to shelly53:
MrsMary (03-23-2012)
The Following User Says Thank You to shelly53 For This Useful Post:
MrsMary (03-23-2012)
Old 03-23-2012, 05:40 AM   #27
(female)

MrsMary HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by shelly53 View Post
Hello, Im new here, 2 years ago my brother-in-law had a cancerous tumor on his kidney... they removed the kidney...7 months later it went to the spine they did surgery on that as well then 8 months after he had the wipple surgery as the cancer spread again..now its on his lungs they told my sister he has up to 4 months to live as its a fast moving cancer..yes he has had chemo and radiation thru all this.. he lost over 100 pounds this last 2 years..he was a big guy..now just very very thin.. this is the thing...he will not quick his job... goes to work with pain patches on... makes it thru most days... comes home jumps in bed puts another pain patch on , heating pad and sleeps.. eats very little if at all..the dr says let him go...if he feels he can work let him... Im just puzzled at how someone who has such little time to live can continue to work a full time job..is this normal...? Im scared everyday it will hit him all at once like a ton of bricks..is this how the end of someones life is? the dr has no longer run test on him.. but he still takes 4 chemo pills a day...im just lost...one day he is in pain the next he feels great..I dont know what to think anymore...my sister says oh i think he is getting better...im so lost and dont know what to make of this..he has a top notch dr.. oh and he also has cancer in the nodes in the neck..can someone help me understand..
Hello: I have really been thinking about your post. I am sorry I cannot give you any real insight. I was diagnosed with renal cell cancer last year; had a mass removed and lost part of my kidney. However, when the biopsy came back it was benign. Since then I was diagnosed with stomach cancer and have been doing chemo. I can relate to your brother's need to work. I am trying to do some things in between. It helps to have some sense of what is "normal", even though it is very difficult. If he is like me, he is taking this ordeal on a day to day basis; hoping for more good days than bad days. You are both in my thoughts.

Old 05-18-2012, 10:23 AM   #28
(female)

Shell667 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by sag24fan View Post
Hey all, I'm new on here I was told yesterday that the mass on my left kidney is cancer (rcc) I'm being told that my kidney most likely will have to be removed. The mass is 6cm and has blood vesels attached to it which is supplying it with blood. I am going to see the urologist on Wendsay. I guess my question is, what can I expect when I go to the doctor? And If my kidney is removed, how long can I expect to be laid and out of work?
Remove it, It dosen't matter about work save your Life..............I know about RCC

Old 06-07-2012, 01:43 PM   #29
(female)

I will fight it HB User

I had my right kidney removed in April 2012. An incision was made down my right side and part of my rib was cut off. I was walking the halls in the hospital the second day, nurses were amazed. I believe we all just have a different healing process. I do still have a very small area that is still a little sore, it only hurts when I get out of bed the wrong way, I think it is the muscle pulling.

Closed Thread