It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Kidney Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-04-2011, 02:33 PM   #1
(female)

TinkMom HB User
Unhappy So confused from US report

I am a 36 y/o woman who is pregnant, 27 weeks. I had to have an abdominal US last week to check on my liver, prior liver resection due to a giant cavernous hemangioma compressing my right hepatic artery. My last CT in September showed a small 5mm hemangioma in segment 7.

The report from the US says:
Results - Atypical area, potential exophytic cyst inferior right kidney at 2.3 cm with some vascular flow in the margin. May represent an exophytic cyst but has atypical appearance, therefore, follow-up with ct after pregnancy.

My kidney has never shown anything before, and is this for sure my kidney? Could it be my liver pushed up against my Kidney and the hemangioma has grown? If not, what does this mean? Should I be waiting another three months before having a CT or should I be requesting one while I am pregnant? Help, I don't understand this report.

Thanks

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-20-2011, 09:06 PM   #2
Inactive
(male)

BGH2 HB User
Re: So confused from US report

Hi TinkMom,

You would have to discuss the CT scan with your doctor, however the scan is radiation so it may not be a good idea for the baby, but please discuss with your doctor.

The CT scan will allow the Urologist to determine if this is a cyst, and if it is they typically monitor them if the are not highly complex.

Take care, and I wish you well with your delivery.

Brent

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread