It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Kidney Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-14-2011, 10:50 AM   #1
(female)

LeslieJ HB User
Post Nephrectomy Gas Pains - Any Personal Experience/Suggestions?

My mother (a very healthy and active 69 yr. old) was recently diagnosed with Stage IV kidney cancer, Grade T3A. She had a 10 cm tumor in her kidney and metastasis to her lungs, thyroid, and trachea.

She recently had her main tumor removed along with her right kidney. In good time too, it seems, since the tumor had grown 12 cm more over the course of a month.

2 weeks after surgery, she is still experiencing pain from the surgery, which is to be expected. However, her greatest issue is constant gas pains along with bouts of constipation and diarrhea. She has taken meds. intermittently for both the later issues, but the gas pains are really overbearing for her.

Has anyone else experienced this? How long did it take to work it out of your system and what suggestions might you have for addressing the issue? TIA

Old 08-19-2011, 12:38 PM   #2
Inactive
(female)

ambiesgranny HB User
Re: Post Nephrectomy Gas Pains - Any Personal Experience/Suggestions?

Sad to tell you this but she may have these issues for a while. I had a radical nephrectomy last year and let me tell you after one year I am still getting sharp pains in my lower right side. I also experience shortness of breath daily and I am exhausted most of the time. I had a 13 cenimeter mass over my kidney (stage II) and both were removed. This has been one experience for me but it has also made me realize that I am not 21 any longer. At 60, it may just be time for me to slow down.
I see a doctor regularly for precaution and primarily because the tumor was thought to have been growing for several years.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread