It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Kidney Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-27-2011, 06:30 PM   #1
(female)

Reneriv HB User
I'm scared

I had a CT done in November it showed I have a 2.0 cm nodule. It is a suspicious nodule. They recomended I go have a MRI which I did waiting to hear something from the doctor. I'm really scared that this is cancer.

Old 01-03-2012, 03:14 AM   #2
(female)

Cashewcat HB UserCashewcat HB User
Re: I'm scared

If it is kidney cancer then they are catching it early and the chances of being 100% cured is very good. Also note kidney cancer is very slow growing in the early stage (about 1 cm per year for RCC which is the most common form of kidney cancer) so it isn't going to grow much at all while the doctors investigate. Granted surgery is how they deal with kidney cancer and from my experience the surgery or should I say the recovery is not pleasant. At 2 cm, depending on where the nodule is they may only take a portion of your kidney. Even if they have to take the whole kidney remember you still have a back up on the other side! Hang in there.

The Following User Says Thank You to Cashewcat For This Useful Post:
Reneriv (01-03-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-03-2012, 12:28 PM   #3
(female)

Reneriv HB User

I was sent for a MRI My report says I have a inhomogeneously enhanching 2.3 mass in my upper pole. It says it suggest it could be a angiomyolipoma but the enhancement is worrisome and has incomplete fat suppression raising concern that this is RCC. My doctor has referd me to a urologist just waiting for then to call and schedule me.

The following user gives a hug of support to Reneriv:
Cashewcat (01-03-2012)
Old 01-03-2012, 10:44 PM   #4
(female)

Cashewcat HB UserCashewcat HB User

I know it is scary. You are going to feel like everything is happening too fast and yet you will feel like your surgery date is not coming fast enough. Focus on one step at a time. Get ready for your urologist appointment by getting a list of questions together. If your urologist confirms it is kidney cancer you are going to want to ask if they will be doing an open nephrectomy or a laproscopic. You will want to ask if they are planning a full or partial. This would also be a good time to get things done around the house and plan for some recovery time.

The Following User Says Thank You to Cashewcat For This Useful Post:
Reneriv (01-04-2012)
Old 01-04-2012, 07:31 AM   #5
(female)

Reneriv HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cashewcat View Post
I know it is scary. You are going to feel like everything is happening too fast and yet you will feel like your surgery date is not coming fast enough. Focus on one step at a time. Get ready for your urologist appointment by getting a list of questions together. If your urologist confirms it is kidney cancer you are going to want to ask if they will be doing an open nephrectomy or a laproscopic. You will want to ask if they are planning a full or partial. This would also be a good time to get things done around the house and plan for some recovery time.
Thank you. I'm doing my best not to freak out. I trying not to get to ahead of myself trying to take it one step at a time. Hoping they call me today so I can at least get the appointment with the urologist hoping they dont make me wait forever. My medical group is kinda good and making people wait forever for appts. I have a benign nodule in my thyroid and when they found that a couple of years ago I had to wait three months before seeing the endo doc. Longest three months in my life. Well thank you for responding to my post.

Closed Thread