It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Kidney Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-13-2012, 11:57 PM   #1
(female)

Reneriv HB User
Unhappy I have cancer

I got my results today and yes I have cancer. I'm so upset,angry,confused and I feel very lost.

The following 2 users give hugs of support to: Reneriv
grayfox (02-14-2012), Jaye66 (02-14-2012)
Old 02-14-2012, 05:06 AM   #2
(female)

estelle454 HB Userestelle454 HB Userestelle454 HB Userestelle454 HB User
Re: I have cancer

I am so sorry to here of your problem, being scared would be normal, do you have some one to talk to about your fears? Maybe they have some one in the hospital that could help you through this awful time. Feeling for you.

The Following User Says Thank You to estelle454 For This Useful Post:
Reneriv (02-16-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-14-2012, 04:16 PM   #3
(female)

grayfox HB Usergrayfox HB Usergrayfox HB User
Smile Re: I have cancer

Reneriv,

I know exactly how you feel. I was diagnosed with renal cell carcinoma in September 2009 and my entire kidney was removed the next month. My tumor was 4.2cm and located in the center of my kidney. I was having alot of pain in my kidney and in poor health before the diagnosis was made. I posted on the kidney disorders board and was given support by many wonderful and caring people. We are here to help and answer any questions or concerns that you may have. I don't have all the answers but having been through what you are experiencing, I am here if you have any questions or just want to vent.

You are lucky your tumor has been found in the early stages. It is always possible they will not have to remove the entire kidney. Please keep us posted about your status.

Grayfox

The Following User Says Thank You to grayfox For This Useful Post:
Reneriv (02-16-2012)
Old 02-17-2012, 01:38 PM   #4
(female)

Reneriv HB User

Thank you. I'm getting over the shock already I think. I've just had a hard time sleeping this week. I've been scheduled for surgery already. They are removing part of my kidney. The tumor is on the uppen pole so they will be removing that area. The doctors are pretty confident that it is confined to the tumor only since it is so small. My doctor is sending me for a bone scan to ease my mind. He said from the ct and mri the lymphnodes look fine and so does the liver. It's been one emotional week. I dont like taking any medicine to sleep but I think I will tonight so I can have a restfull night.

The following 2 users give hugs of support to: Reneriv
milolvr (03-07-2012), solofelix (03-07-2012)
Old 03-07-2012, 01:47 AM   #5
(female)

milolvr HB User

Hey! I just found this site. I just had a tumor removed from my kidney, that was RCC, clear cell type. It was a grade 3 on the furhman scale. Not really sure what all that means, doc said it meant the cancer was on the aggressive side. I am confused about my prognosis. The tumor was small 2cm and was found incidentally. Doc said it was contained and that the margins are clear. But he wouldn't give me any percentages of chance of recurrence. He acted like I should be fine, but then he said that I would be monitored every 6months with a chest xray and kidney ultrasounds. And catscans yearly for life.
I'm also scared and confused. I wish I could help you out in some way. But maybe somehow this will help, just knowing you aren't alone. Hugs!

The following 2 users give hugs of support to: milolvr
Reneriv (03-07-2012), solofelix (03-07-2012)
The Following User Says Thank You to milolvr For This Useful Post:
Reneriv (03-07-2012)
Old 03-07-2012, 06:06 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

solofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB User

Hi Reneriv & milolvr,

I would like to let you know my thoughts and prayers are with you both.
Cancer treatment is so much more advanced today and I send you both my best wishes.
My brother was diagnosed with a very agressive Cancer of the Prostrate two yrs ago and after some very tough treatment for a year his Tumour has shrunk to zero and he is doing just great. This is just to give you every hope for the future and let you know we are here to support you both.

Kind thoughts, Solofelix.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to solofelix For This Useful Post:
milolvr (03-07-2012), Reneriv (03-07-2012)
Old 03-07-2012, 07:27 AM   #7
(female)

Reneriv HB User

I went for my pre op apointment yesterday and the nurse was telling me when they remove the tumor and patologist looks at it they will give me grade of tumor. They also asked me if I would like to donate the tumor and the part of my kidney they are removing to the cancer research center there at Loma Linda University. I said yes. Anything that can help them to learn anything more about this darn cancer is good. They will probabaly call me in the future to get more blood samples and health history. I figured it would also benifit me. If it is from a hereditary gene my kids will at least know so they can inform their doctors when having checkups.

Old 03-08-2012, 07:30 AM   #8
(female)

milolvr HB User

When is your sugery scheduled? Do you know how big your tumor is? Mine was removed laprascopically. If you have an questions, I'd be happy to answer as far as surgery goes. It was my first surgery ever, so I don't have anything to compare it to.

Old 03-08-2012, 07:57 AM   #9
(female)

Reneriv HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by milolvr View Post
When is your sugery scheduled? Do you know how big your tumor is? Mine was removed laprascopically. If you have an questions, I'd be happy to answer as far as surgery goes. It was my first surgery ever, so I don't have anything to compare it to.
I have surgery next Tuesday. It is going to be robotic surgey I guess it is the same as laparoscopic. My tumor is 2.5cm at first they had said it was a little smaller. My tumor is on my left kidney and I sleep on my left side so I know that is going to be a little hard for me to not sleep that way for awhile.

The following user gives a hug of support to Reneriv:
joyce8844 (03-18-2012)
Old 03-08-2012, 08:39 AM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

solofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB User

Hello Reneriv,

I would like to wish you the very best for next Tuesday. I will send up a prayer for you.
Take things easy after your Op! and when you are ready get back to us and let us know how you are doing.
God Bless,

Solofelix.

The Following User Says Thank You to solofelix For This Useful Post:
Reneriv (03-08-2012)
Old 03-08-2012, 01:39 PM   #11
(female)

milolvr HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reneriv View Post
I have surgery next Tuesday. It is going to be robotic surgey I guess it is the same as laparoscopic. My tumor is 2.5cm at first they had said it was a little smaller. My tumor is on my left kidney and I sleep on my left side so I know that is going to be a little hard for me to not sleep that way for awhile.
Yes, mine was robotic also. Robotic assisted laprascopic partial nephrectomy, that's a mouth full! Mine was on the right. I also like to sleep on my left side, but it was about a week before I could lay flat in the bed. I tried with pillows and everything, so I had to sleep in the recliner for awhile.
I hope all goes well and will keep you in my thoughts and prayers!

The Following User Says Thank You to milolvr For This Useful Post:
Reneriv (03-08-2012)
Old 03-18-2012, 03:46 AM   #12
(female)

joyce8844 HB User

Dear Reneriv
Big Hugs and hope you are doing well
Prayers for you going out
God Bless
Joyceveronica

The Following User Says Thank You to joyce8844 For This Useful Post: