It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Kidney Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-25-2012, 06:26 AM   #1
(female)

crazy di HB Usercrazy di HB Usercrazy di HB User
Angry kidney pain

Hi everyone. I have a question. On feb 24 i had severe pain on right side back area which wrapped around my ribcage. Went to er said i had a uti,sent me home w/antibiotics. Woke up and pain was so bad went back to er. They tested 4 stones (kidney) did ct scan. Gave shot of morphine did'nt touch the pain. Radiologist said he saw a herniated disc in thorasic area. Mind u i had thorasic surgery 2 years ago on t9-t10 they had to take out ribs to get in it was twisted. Went to my surgeons er hospital w/ct results they agreed herniated disc. Did'nt have any beds so went home. Went to surgeon who did'nt even come in the room, they sent in 25 yr old pa. Said there is no herniated disc maybe its your kidneys. But to make sure mri would show more. Mind you they said i would have 2 go threw 4 wks of pt, then get mri. Not. Went to pcp, who ordered mri. Results herniated disc. Went to diff. Surgeon who said its not that bad no herniation,but u have to back to the surgeon who did your surgery. His way of saying i'm not touching you. So, called surgeon he said(unless your legs go out and u have problems going to the bathroom u don't have to come back. Follow up with pain management. Its march 24th pain is back and the only thing i can thnk of is i took a benedryle 4 itching. I took one when this happened the first time. Been in er 3 times since. Pain meds r a bandade 4 something they can't figure out. I just want to know what this is. Kidneys were part of the mri and urinalisis, which was normal. This pain is not responding to 30mg of oxicontin and 15 mg of oxicodone. Past surgeries, over 15, 5 back, 2 knee, 1 shoulder, hystrectomy,2 lumpectomies,gallbladder,4 hernias,1 pe,2 Lft. phnemos, prolapsed rectom. I probably missed something. Can anyone tell me if benedryle would do this to my kidneys or has anyone had this pain and know what it is. Last time they gave me a medrol dos pak and it helped. Frustrated di

Last edited by crazy di; 03-25-2012 at 03:45 PM. Reason: wrong spelling of kidney instead of kisney

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread